Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We’re so close to Thanksgiving that we can taste it and we’re ready to help you prepare the most delicious Thanksgiving feast you’ve ever cooked! Check out our Turkey Cheat Sheet for turkey tips, our Thanksgiving page for turkey recipes, and our Holiday Entertaining Publication for all other Thanksgiving needs to help you make this the best Thanksgiving yet! PS. Don’t forget about breakfast Thanksgiving morning either!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

Chicken wings

I love smoking my wings in the egg. They are always great. Does anyone know how to make them crispy while cooking over indirect heat? Thanks for the help!!

• RRPRRP Posts: 16,811
    corn starch sprinkled lightly will mix with the release of grease from the skin as it cooks and will crisp up the skin - don't expect crispy skin like fried chicken though
    Dunlap, IL
  • Thanks RRP!!
  • I usually finish them off with a few minutes direct to get a little crisp on them.
    LBGE 2013, SBGE 2014, Mini 2015
    Columbus IN
  • SmokinDAWG82SmokinDAWG82 Posts: 1,704
    I mix corn starch with my rub, indirect for about an hour
    Go Dawgs! - Marietta, GA
  • hondabbqhondabbq Posts: 1,369
    edited October 2013
    I just season with Dizzy Pig and toss them on400 indirect for 30 minutes, flip for another 20, and sauce and return to egg for another 10. Always crispy for me.

Winnipeg, Manitoba.

Welcome to the wonderful world of Motley Brew.