Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Chicken Tortilla Soup

TUTTLE871
TUTTLE871 Posts: 1,316
edited October 2013 in EggHead Forum
Ok everyone loves spatch chicken and I make it quite often, since ther are two of us I have to plan ahead of what I will do with the left over bird. Well its getting to that time of the year that soups and you are craving something hearty to eat.

I've made Tortilla soup for years and I am pretty sure that's the meal I made that convinced my wife that I'm a legit Tortilla soup maker. Not to brag but she went to The Mansion (Restaurant in Dallas that's famous) to compare soups. She came home and said hands down mine was better. Yes I know she might be saying that to make me feel better about myself but to this day she requests mine. 

Left Over Bird boil in water and chicken broth, pull bird out and debone and chop up into pieces 
1 bunch Cilantro 
1 chopped Onion 
1 chopped jalapeño 
2 hatch chillies 
2 cans Broth 
3 chopped Tomato 
Chopped Garlic 
Spices, Cumin, Paprika, pepper, and chili powder. 

Sorry about the amounts of what to add but I'm the kind who grabs and goes and if its off a little I just add to taste. I put on the egg around 1 today and Took off around 7 tonight, cooked indirect about 275. I kept checking on it and if I got low on juice I would add some water and keep it simmering. Came out awesome.

"Hold my beer and watch this S##T!"

LARGE BGE DALLAS TX.

Comments