Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

What is the best way to take out the plate setter when it is hot?

2»

Comments

• Skiddymarker
    Skiddymarker Posts: 8,522
    Like @Mickey I use channel locks and ash tool. The ash tool easily slips under one side while the channel locks provide some support.

Further the channel locks make a great grid lifter. 
    Delta B.C. - Whiskey and steak, because no good story ever started with someone having a salad!
  • jaydub58
    jaydub58 Posts: 2,167

I sure can't remember where online I found these, but I can pick up my plate setter no matte how hot it is, and move it with no particular rush.  They work great!

I think I located these on Amazon and they should still be searchable there. 

John in the Willamette Valley of Oregon
  • jaydub58
    jaydub58 Posts: 2,167
    Ooooops!
    John in the Willamette Valley of Oregon
  • TexanOfTheNorth
    TexanOfTheNorth Posts: 3,951
    edited October 2013
    jaydub58 said:

I sure can't remember where online I found these, but I can pick up my plate setter no matte how hot it is, and move it with no particular rush.  They work great!

I think I located these on Amazon and they should still be searchable there. 

This must be a bigger secret than TJ's Soul Sauce!

[Edit] - I guess @jaydub58 posted his pic just before I posted my comment
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Well, "spa-Peggy" is kind of like spaghetti. I'm not sure what Peggy does different, if anything. But it's the one dish she's kind of made her own.

I can't believe that there are so many post regarding plate setters today. There are at least 4 separate topics on the first page now. Also, I can't believe that I read them all. 8-}

Location 33.537588, -83.969298 (33.5 miles and 41 minutes SE of the Mothership)

• Searat
    Searat Posts: 80

Another vote for Pitt Mitts

I use a Dutch Oven table to set the hot things on to Cool. (Maybe I'll go back to the old ways one day but the BGE is winner today)