Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
April showers bring...National BBQ Month! Are you ready for a month full of briskets, pulled pork and chicken wings? We hope so, because it’s almost here! Keep an eye out for some of our favorite BBQ recipes we’ll be sharing with you throughout the month of May.

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Tuesday and Wednesday dinners (pics)

Decided to do a meatloaf for supper tonight. Been awhile since I've done one and it took longer than I thought it would but damn it was good. 350 indirect for 1.75 hours. Used cherry for smoke. Fried taters, corn, and homegrown Lima beans for sides.

Threw some chicken breasts on (before the meatloaf) for tomorrow nights supper. Gonna do tacos and Southwestern style Egg Rolls. Done the breasts 350 raised (woo2) direct with cherry for smoke.

The egg rolls will sit in the freezer overnight and then get deep fried. I will also be making an avocado based dip for the egg rolls.

Moosehead to stay hydrated.

LBGE,SBGE, and a mini makes three......Sweet home Alabama........ Stay thirsty my friends .

·

Comments

• six_eggsix_egg Posts: 603
    Lol so funny I also had meatloaf this week. Good looking food.

XLBGE, LBGE growing accessories.

Want: Ceramicgrillworks 2 tier large, Dutch oven, Cyber Q Wifi

Grenada, MS

·
  • henapplehenapple Posts: 13,980
    I actually cooked your style meatloaf this weekend. Do the egg rolls do ok overnight?
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
    ·
  • I did one last night too! First one on the Egg, came out fantastic. Shoulda took pics.
    Cherry Hill, NJ
    ·
  • shtgunal3shtgunal3 Posts: 2,902
    @henapple Hope the loaf turned good for you. This is the first time I have done the egg rolls. I plan to deep fry them tonight. I will try to get pics and let you know how they turn out. The recipe I'm trying said to freeze overnight.

LBGE,SBGE, and a mini makes three......Sweet home Alabama........ Stay thirsty my friends .

·
  • shtgunal3shtgunal3 Posts: 2,902
    @henapple They turned out great! Two lessons learned though .... 1) get the oil to about 400 before putting the rolls in .....2) pin them closed with a toothpick before freezing and leave in place while frying. Otherwise they will unroll.
    image.jpg 2.5M

·
  • henapplehenapple Posts: 13,980
    Thanks... Will do.
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
    ·