Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Costco Chickens

Options
Did two chickens, raised inderect , cooked for 40 min., then put on squash , corn and a couple red skins. Stuffed chicken with fresh herbs and a lemon.
Pure Michigan
Grand Rapids, Michigan  LBGE, SBGE

Comments

• TexanOfTheNorth
    Options
    Are those the ones that come 3 to a bag (at least that's how they package them here)?

We've always had good results with those.

Yours look good!
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Well, "spa-Peggy" is kind of like spaghetti. I'm not sure what Peggy does different, if anything. But it's the one dish she's kind of made her own.
    Options
    Nice cook
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• Shiff
    Shiff Posts: 1,835
    Options
    We've also used those chickens and the legs and thighs that are similarly packaged.  They are the cleanest chicken products we have ever used and always great tasting.
    Large BGE
    Barry, Lancaster, PA
  • otter
    otter Posts: 342
    Options
    2 to a bag, we get the breasts also, good stuff
    Pure Michigan
  • EggNorth
    EggNorth Posts: 1,535
    Options
    Costco meat is definitely a reason for our membership. Your cook looks delicious.
    Dave
    Cambridge, Ontario - Canada
    Large (2010), Mini Max (2015), Large garden pot (2018)
  • TexanOfTheNorth
    TexanOfTheNorth Posts: 3,951
    edited October 2013
    Options
    otter said:
    2 to a bag, we get the breasts also, good stuff
    +1 on the breasts. Ours also carries packages of wings and boneless/skinless thighs which we also get.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Well, "spa-Peggy" is kind of like spaghetti. I'm not sure what Peggy does different, if anything. But it's the one dish she's kind of made her own.
    Options
    I spatch the 2 packs for lunch almost every week. Wish Costco sold bone in skin on split chicken breasts so I could avoid dark meat. Costco chicken is really good. The Costco I go to also has organic whole small chickens but they are twice the price.
  • otter
    otter Posts: 342
    Options
    Didn't see the wings, bone in breasts would be cool
    Pure Michigan
  • Lit
    Lit Posts: 9,053
    Options
    The Costco I go to has frozen separated winds or non frozen whole wings. The butcher I go to fergusons in GA has better wings than Costco for about the same price. Fergusons is usually $2.50-$3 a pound and they are really meaty good wings.