Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It doesn’t get much hotter than the EGG cookin’ in July! Make sure to keep yourself hydrated with a bit of whatever you’re using for the Beer Can Chicken. Ice Cream Sandwiches are also a great way to stay cool. Looking for some great ideas for a summer cook out? Try out a Pimento Cheeseburger or Dr. BBQ’s Spare Rib Surprise. Just don’t be surprised if your neighbors stop by for a quick bite when they smell what you’re cooking!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

What I learned from EGGTOBERFEST

I will learn how to bake on the egg this year. I am going to pick up my baking stone and pizza peel this afternoon. I am open to suggestions before I start this trial and error quest. Also who won the recipie contest?

BGE-XL

North Alabama

·

Comments

• CrimsongatorCrimsongator Posts: 5,766

The team with their sausage (same one was 2nd last year). Not sure of the team name.

Where in N AL do you live?

·
  • Hartselle.... How bout you?

BGE-XL

North Alabama

·
  • shtgunal3shtgunal3 Posts: 2,902

Hartselle.... How bout you?

Your mighty close by. I'm just south of you in Cullman. The wife is from Falkville. Her mom lives in Hartselle.

LBGE,SBGE, and a mini makes three......Sweet home Alabama........ Stay thirsty my friends .

·
  • henapplehenapple Posts: 14,585
    Flour, Water, Salt, Yeast... Great book. Cooks everything in a ci do.
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
    ·
  • shtgunal3 said:
    Your mighty close by. I'm just south of you in Cullman. The wife is from Falkville. Her mom lives in Hartselle.
    It's a small world... My dad graduated from Falkville. We will have to get together if we ever get an Eggfest around here!

BGE-XL

North Alabama

·
  • There is one scheduled for next May or June (I can't remember) at Ross Bridge in Hoover.
    Killen, AL (The Shoals)
    XL, Small, Minimax, and Mini BGEs
    ·
  • thetrimthetrim Posts: 1,127
    Any of you Bama folk know Town Creek?  What about the Key Underwood Coondog Cemetery in Cherokee?
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14
    Tampa Bay, FL
    ·
  • shtgunal3shtgunal3 Posts: 2,902
    I've heard of both. Been through Cherokee before.

LBGE,SBGE, and a mini makes three......Sweet home Alabama........ Stay thirsty my friends .

·
  • thetrim said:

Any of you Bama folk know Town Creek?  What about the Key Underwood Coondog Cemetery in Cherokee

Yes I know of both places...

BGE-XL

North Alabama

·
  • nealcr1nealcr1 Posts: 179
    Originally from Columbiana. Moved to Homewood after graduating from AU. Moved to ATL following a job. Any Eggfests in AL coming soon?
    Mini Max, Medium BGE, Large BGE, Lodge Cast Iron Sportsman, Digi Q II, Woo 2, AR with Oval setup
    ·
  • CrimsongatorCrimsongator Posts: 5,766
    Huntsville
    ·
  • bo31210bo31210 Posts: 491
    You cannot put the name Coondog cemetery out there without some kind of explanation.
    In the middle of Georgia!    Geaux Tigers!!!!!
    ·
  • thetrimthetrim Posts: 1,127
    There you go. Thanks for posting. Very cool spot. Americana
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14
    Tampa Bay, FL
    ·
  • bo31210bo31210 Posts: 491
    Well I never knew. If ever in the area will have to stop by. Thanks for sharing!
    In the middle of Georgia!    Geaux Tigers!!!!!
    ·