Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Plano eggfest

henapple
henapple Posts: 16,025
I know Austin egghead and JD are going... Any others?

http://www.planooutlaweggfest.com/
Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 

Comments

• nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    I was planning on going but my brother, his gf, my mom and son got tickets to Meatopia in San Antonio that weekend, so I kinda had to get them too.
    I will know the week off.
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• Bruce and I are going for sure.  Can't wait!
    Kelley 
    Egging with No Joke Smoke (Bruce), enjoying small town life in Brenham, TX., the home of Blue Bell Ice Cream.  BGEs: XL, Medium,  1 MiniMax. 36" CookRite Commercial Griddle, and a Shirley Smoker.
  • txav8r
    txav8r Posts: 153

I won't know if I am off until later this month, but I am hoping I can make it to come by and "see what's cookin'" and to meet some of the local eggulation. Never been to an eggfest and we want to!

Just far enough north of DFW to be "rural"...and close enough to be urban, depending on my mood.
  • henapple

I was planning on going but my brother, his gf, my mom and son got tickets to Meatopia in San Antonio that weekend, so I kinda had to get them too.

I was going if you were. Meatopia? Sounds like Saturday night at Hooter's.
  • Navymom
    Navymom Posts: 167
    I'm probably going, will know later in the month.

Wear maroon, live maroon, bleed maroon.
    Fightin' Texas Aggies Fly Navy.
    Denton TX
  • Austin  Egghead
    Austin Egghead Posts: 3,966
    edited October 2013
    Just think I got one of my cooks down...meatloaf sliders with chipotle aioli .  
    We are going up Wednesday evening to use the kids kitchen.  Will move over to the hotel on friday (easier to crawl to the room after a couple of Maker fuzzys).
    DOW and Ku are coming in too.  
    Large, small and mini now Egging in Rowlett Tx
  • henapple
    Is there a hotel in walking distance?
  • hornhonk
    hornhonk Posts: 3,841
    The host hotel is about a mile and a half away but we've arranged for free transportation all weekend. There are a bunch of clubs in a block and the gathering site has a full bar, pool tables, darts and plenty of TVs for the games. In other words, you can egg, watch the games, have a fancy cocktail without going anywhere!
  • hornhonk
    PBR will be free if you show up! We sure could use some OO, too!
  • henapple, there is always room in someones car, our included.
    Large, small and mini now Egging in Rowlett Tx
  • hornhonk
    If you go to our site, look at Leroy's movie. We're planning to do it on the patio again. Bring your stogies ,because smoking is allowed ... The only bar in town that allows smoking! Two Brothers cigar store is a five minute walk. Easy to spend money there. See? I'm thinking of you guys .
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    henapple said:
    I was going if you were. Meatopia? Sounds like Saturday night at Hooter's.
    Blood is thicker than lighter fluid.  I seriously want to go, and I love hornhonk and his posse, but I only get to see the family a few times a year.  Go for me man.  go for me. 

I might hook up with cazzy for some grub at some point....I'll pour a little diet coke on the ground for my hommies (then displace it with Evan Williams).  ;)
    Still don't know our plans for Saturday, will there be a problem to stop by without registering?
    Wear maroon, live maroon, bleed maroon.
    Fightin' Texas Aggies Fly Navy.
    Denton TX
  • hornhonk
    Nope, it's free! Come and have some fun.
    \:D/