Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Eggfest

Would like to know your out of pocket cost for eggtober... Cooks and tasters.
Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 

Comments

• ShadowNick
    ShadowNick Posts: 533
    edited October 2013
    I kept things fairly simple, buffalo chicken thighs and marinated pork tenderloins, and I spent around 150 on food and supplies, not including the canopy tent and other non-consumables I already had.

Edit:
    Post Eggfest analysis I calculated i served up between 500 and 650 samples throughout the day.
    Pentwater, MI
  • JRWhitee
    JRWhitee Posts: 5,678
    We spent about $100 on food and supplies, split between two of us $50 each, not too bad.

Johns Creek, Georgia
  • Lit
    Lit Posts: 9,053
    We spent $400 on food but that was for 8 of us. We did 7 different cooks but if it was just 2 of us I would keep it at 3-4 cooks max. I would guess we put out 1500 samples but I really don't know as we had to start putting things out for people to pick up by hand or tooth picks. We had 500 plastic serving cups and went through them in the first 2 hours.
  • bo31210
    bo31210 Posts: 715
    edited October 2013
    From a taster standpoint.... $40 for the ticket (I consider the swag made up for it with the tee shirt, bottle opener, candles, etc.)      Some gas for the trip, say $20.    Didnt need any food or drink $ as I did not have any beer since I had to drive an hour home afterwards.       I am suprised at the food cost by the cooks.   I thought it would have been more.     Makes me wonder about maybe cooking next year............
    In the middle of Georgia!    Geaux Tigers!!!!!
  • Chris_Wang
    Chris_Wang Posts: 1,254
    I live south of ATL and was a taster. Didn't stay in a hotel Friday night. So $40 for the ticket, $12ish for gas. Seriously contemplating one of the Texas fests as well.

Ball Ground, GA

ATL Sports Homer

• I drove down from Annapolis Maryland, Ticket $ 40.00, Gas $ 107.00, Hotel (Days Inn 3 nights)  $ 184.00, I Spent another $ 29.00 to park and see the rest of Stone Mountain on Sunday. Food another $ 60.00.  I also stopped at Midwood Smokehouse in North Carolina and it was awesome.
    Gambrills,Maryland

• henapple
    henapple Posts: 16,025
    Chris... My only eggfest has been salado. I would look seriously at going. Unless something weird happens I'll be driving 13 hours or so to go. I'm trying to get to plano but I'm not sure yet. Mickey and Spring run a great party. Don't show up early... Mickey will work your ass off.
  • roblew
    roblew Posts: 78
    This was our first Eggtoberfest and my wife and I enjoyed it. I bought a demo Egg and cooked pizza on it Sunday night and it was great. We really enjoyed talking to the different chefs about the dishes they were cooking. Picked up a bunch of good recipes and can't wait until we start getting to try them. We will be there next year...
    Ringgold GA LBGE
  • This was our first year cooking at Eggtoberfest. We had an absolute blast and will definitely be back bigger and better next year. We figure we fed over 750 samples of sausage balls and stuffed meatballs. We had a few that were sacrificed to the flames but overall we were able to push out a lot of food for having just one egg. Thanks to everyone around us who was willing to dole out pointers and of course to all of the folks who made a trip back by to tell us they liked our food!
  • Jebpot
    Jebpot Posts: 374

Taster. 50.00(wife and myself) for meet n greet, it was great and worth it. Free beer and good food. Met family from Switzerland and a egg dealer from South Africa n partied  with them after the meet n greet was over. 80.00 for Sat was a great time. 400.00 for Marriot ( so I would not have to drink and drive.) because I missed the Eggfest deal. 50.00 for gas. But got my friend and his wife to go and he got a demo. He ate food at my house and I got him to join the egg family. Best part it got wife to like the purchase of our egg better. Now she is wanting to go to the Pensacola fest Nov 9th and go to on the west coast for a fest there also.  Had a great, great time.  AND THANKS TO ALL THE COOKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

XL and Small

Chattanooga, TN

• I drove down from Long Island NY so gas was about $250.00 each way the hotel 2 nights was $120.00 for both nights I spent about $200.00 on food and supplies for Eggtoberfest  and to tell you the truth it was worth every cent me and nmy son has a blast and can't wait for next year 
    2 Large Eggs and a Mini 2 Pit Bulls and a Pork shoulder or butt nearby and 100% SICILIAN
    Long Island N.Y.
  • I had $200 in hotel and meet and greet and about another $100 or so in food.  We had an absolute blast.  Enjoyed meeting folks from the forum and getting some new ideas to cook at the house. 

Another benefit was @SmokinTiger81doing an amazing sales pitch about the adjustable rig to SWMBO.  I see one in my future. 

Suwanee, GA
  • Whaler
    Whaler Posts: 110
    jebpot... Come on down to Pensacola !
    November is such a beautiful time of year here
    and the venue on Pensacola Bay is fantastic, a beautiful 
    view and plenty of room within Historic Downtown Pensacola.

Pensacola,FL
  • vidalia1
    vidalia1 Posts: 7,092
    We camped for 5 nights at $50 per night...we had 6 cooks total so about $400 for food...so approx $650 for the fest & accomodations... 
  • henapple
    henapple Posts: 16,025
    How many tasters?
  • Our group cooked.  There were 20 of us.  Half flew in, the other half drove, the farthest from Akron, Ohio.  We cooked: 15 pounds of ham, 25 pounds of wings, 10 pounds of brats, 6 pounds of bologna, 4 gallons of ice cream, 5 pounds of chili and 65 pounds of fish from Alaska.  We were doing ok on costs till we got to the fish... 
  • JRWhitee
    JRWhitee Posts: 5,678
    They told me there were 220 cooks or eggs not sure,  and 3500 tasters.

Johns Creek, Georgia
  • RTSampson said:

I had $200 in hotel and meet and greet and about another $100 or so in food.  We had an absolute blast.  Enjoyed meeting folks from the forum and getting some new ideas to cook at the house. 

Another benefit was @SmokinTiger81doing an amazing sales pitch about the adjustable rig to SWMBO.  I see one in my future. 

Hope the sales pitch worked.  If not, bring her to GAMtnFest and I will try again--LOL
  • Chris_Wang
    Chris_Wang Posts: 1,254
    @vidalia1 I did your cheesy taco cornbread when I got home Saturday night. One of the best cooks my egg has ever done!

Ball Ground, GA

ATL Sports Homer

• vidalia1
    vidalia1 Posts: 7,092

Chris Wang,

Glad you liked it...it is a fun recipe and very easy...

Kim Youngblood

• Another one of Ginny's eh Kim?