Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Rib Eyes for four~nailed it!

Options
We don't eat a lot of beef anymore...but the yen for some good old steak was too strong to ignore.  

Ran my MBGE up to the max, (yes the thermometer was maxed out) and then brushed some EVOO on 4 Rib Eyes, liberally sea-salted, and coarsely-ground peppered followed by 4 minutes per side on the CI grate. Then 10 minutes resting under foil and 'Voila!    

The anti thesis to low-n-slow.

Beef awesomeness with garlic mashers and green salad (and a green bottled Rolling Rock)

Rave reviews!  (pat's self on back and takes and imaginary bow)
When I'm not Eggin', I'm scootin'   Eggin' and 'cueing from Temecula Ca; an hour from San Diego, an hour and five minutes from Palm Springs, and an hour and a half from Los Angeles (yeah, right. With THAT traffic?)

Comments

• dweebs0r
    dweebs0r Posts: 539
    Options
    Love ribeyes on the egg.  My favorite cut of steak, no doubt.
       -Jody Newell (LBGE & a 36" Blackstone griddle).
  • flynnbob
    flynnbob Posts: 665
    Options
    Great job, GoGo.  Before the Egg, I never cooked Ribeyes because I could not get them hot enough.  Now, It is our go to cut of beef.  Love it with the bone in. I do them about 500 per side for 2 min each then roast for a while more and pull at 130 on the Tpen to rest. 
    Milton, GA.
  • shtgunal3
    shtgunal3 Posts: 5,660
    Options
    Nice job all the way down to the Rolling Rock!

LBGE,SBGE, and a Mini makes three......Sweet home Alabama........ Stay thirsty my friends .