Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
With winter in full gear, we’re enjoying all the awesome photos of EGGs in the cold weather. Stay warm with some of our favorite Dutch oven recipes: Chicken & Dumplings, Chili Con Carne and BLT Soup.

The Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new location and check out the museum! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

What do you do for a living?

Comments

• SaltySamSaltySam Posts: 371

It is an incredibly beautiful country.  You can see a lot, and cover a lot of ground in one day.  Glasgow to Edinburgh is less than an hour.  Edinburgh Castle is very interesting. Any place you go where you can see 1200 year-old buildings is pretty remarkable. 

The one thing that blew me away in Scotland was their love of "import" beers.  I can't tell you how many people I saw drinking Miller Genuine Draft.  Hand to God, they loved it.

LBGE since June 2012

Omaha, NE

·
  • I sell real estate. Anybody want to buy some?
    ·
  • EggcelsiorEggcelsior Posts: 10,250
    Boss_Hog said:

I sell real estate. Anybody want to buy some?

You and your nefarious schemes for simoleons. You and Rosco should be ashamed.
    ·
  • Little StevenLittle Steven Posts: 26,951
    SaltySam said:

It is an incredibly beautiful country.  You can see a lot, and cover a lot of ground in one day.  Glasgow to Edinburgh is less than an hour.  Edinburgh Castle is very interesting. Any place you go where you can see 1200 year-old buildings is pretty remarkable. 

The one thing that blew me away in Scotland was their love of "import" beers.  I can't tell you how many people I saw drinking Miller Genuine Draft.  Hand to God, they loved it.

I've been to the north of England but have never gotten "Hame". As for the beers... that's disgusting

Steve 

Caledon, ON

·
  • Project Manager in the Insurance industry.  Not real exciting, but it pays for my charcoal and meat so I cannot complain!
    Peachtree Corners, GA. Large BGE
    ·
  • I sell real estate. Anybody want to buy some?
    You and your nefarious schemes for simoleons. You and Rosco should be ashamed.
    I love that word!  Nefarious!

........................................................................................

Flint, Michigan.  Named the most dangerous city in America by the F.B.I. three years running.

We invented the U.A.W. and carjacking!

·
  • I am a bugar chaser and suck snot as a living being a Respiratory Therapist

Since you do this for a living, you should know its spelled BOOGER. BUGAR must be the French spelling. They're always adding "U"s.
    Hey I apologize. I was a little under the influence with
    Yeah it's a pretty good scotch. Not too high end. Pretty good for a ten year though. Since you like bourbon. What is a good one besides Woodford reserves. I've been trying to get into bourbon as well and I seem to like it too.
    ·
  • @Sovalcajudo - Since you already know about Woodford Reserve, give Four Roses Small Batch a whirl. I like it.

........................................................................................

Flint, Michigan.  Named the most dangerous city in America by the F.B.I. three years running.

·
  • U_tardedU_tarded Posts: 1,245
    I am a bugar chaser and suck snot as a living being a Respiratory Therapist
    Since you do this for a living, you should know its spelled BOOGER. BUGAR must be the French spelling. They're always adding "U"s.
    Yeah it's a pretty good scotch. Not too high end. Pretty good for a ten year though. Since you like bourbon. What is a good one besides Woodford reserves. I've been trying to get into bourbon as well and I seem to like it too.
    makers 46 is my standby but I can get down with some woodford and the woodford double oak is fantastic.
    ·
  • galengalen Posts: 51

Aloha

Lilikoi Farmer

·
  • Doc_EggertonDoc_Eggerton Posts: 4,156
    I am a bugar chaser and suck snot as a living being a Respiratory Therapist
    Don't be silly. There's nothing to apologize for. Is that good scotch? I'm a beer & bourbon guy, but every once in a while, I'll break out some Famous Grouse.
    The Grouse is my favorite Scots Whiskey, but I prefer Irish.
    Pasquali Luciano
    Buon appetito to all the BGE family
    XLBGE, LBGE, MBGE and lots of toys

·
  • Next to a good bourbon, Jameson's is my change of pace more times than not.

·
  • GoHornsGoHorns Posts: 20
    Database Administrator, husband, father, Sunday School teacher, occasional preacher, deer hunter.... and a few other minor endeavours...

Deep In The Heart of Texas...A State of Mine....

·
  • I design computer games for a living.  If you have an iPhone or iPad be sure to check out "Fairway Solitaire".  It's not as much fun as Egging... but it's close!  ;-)
    ·
  • KruegsKruegs Posts: 124

Attorney

XL BGE; CyberQ Wifi; Adjustable Rig, Woo2 Green Bay, Wisconsin
    ·
  • Boss_Hog said:
    I sell real estate. Anybody want to buy some?
    I thought you ran The Boar's Nest as a way to launder your ill-gotten gains off the backs of the hard workin' folks of Hazard County?

·
  • pkaboo1 said:

Retired  2005 from the R/R. After 30 yrs of operating  trains.

Now I EGG.

What railroad?
    Birmingham, AL
    XL, Small, and Mini BGEs
    ·
  • queuedqueued Posts: 50
    Software Engineer.  Hoping to be a drain on society in a few years  :D
    Raleigh, NC
    ·
  • TUTTLE871TUTTLE871 Posts: 1,316
    Alcohol Funny Car Crew Chief. Been doing it for about 5 years. Wife says I need a real job again.

"Hold my beer and watch this S##T!"

LARGE BGE DALLAS TX.

·
  • Timeshare marketing on Orlando! Been in the industry for about 17 years and love it.
    Large BGE and new to the egghead world! 
    Orlando FL.
    ·
  • Senior service sales rep in the elevator industry. Gamecock fan and egghead.
    Go Gamecocks!!!
    ·
  • QDudeQDude Posts: 578
    Risk Manager for a public entity for over 30 years. Hope to retire in 10 years or less.

A northern Colorado Egghead since 2012!

XL and a Small BGE.

·
  • MaineggMainegg Posts: 7,787
    I'm a hooker and big green egg collector. And that is hand hooked rugs guys ;)
    ·
  • Little StevenLittle Steven Posts: 26,951
    Nicest hooker I ever met!

Steve 

Caledon, ON

·
  • NPHuskerFLNPHuskerFL Posts: 8,352
    Originally from Nebraska. Live in FL and I am a customer service repair technician for commercial restaurants (HVAC/R and all types of cooking equipment and food service equipment).
    LBGE 2012, Mini MAX 2014, SS Table and Stoker
    Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
    Middleburg, FL
    ·
    Welcome fellow Cornhusker! Where in Nebraska are you from?

LBGE since June 2012

Omaha, NE

·
  • NPHuskerFLNPHuskerFL Posts: 8,352
    North Platte, NE. GBR! >:) Blackshirts!
    LBGE 2012, Mini MAX 2014, SS Table and Stoker
    Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
    Middleburg, FL
    ·
    Nice. I'm originally from Grand Island, but I'm in Papillion now. Some other Nebraska Eggheads are @BOWHUNR and @scottborasjr. I know there are several more but I can't recall their handles now.

LBGE since June 2012

Omaha, NE

·
  • I design computer games for a living.  If you have an iPhone or iPad be sure to check out "Fairway Solitaire".  It's not as much fun as Egging... but it's close!  ;-)
    No kidding? I've had that on my phone for a year or so. It's great! Thanks and congrats.

Cheers
    B_B
    Finally back in the Badger State!

Middleton, WI
    ·
  • thetrimthetrim Posts: 889
    SaltySam said:
    Nice. I'm originally from Grand Island, but I'm in Papillion now. Some other Nebraska Eggheads are @BOWHUNR and @scottborasjr. I know there are several more but I can't recall their handles now.
    I lived in Lincoln for 5 years and now live outside Tampa
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14
    Tampa Bay, FL
    ·