Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Baked Beans ala the Walrus

Options
Gfw
Gfw Posts: 1,598
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
07_09_0013_25_02.jpg
<p />This has been an interesting and fun weekend. Baby back ribs on Friday, Pulled Beef on Saturday and Baked Beans on Sunday. All turned out great. [p]Back on July 1, the Walrus posted a Baked Bean recipe (you can find it in the archives - hopefully he'll also post it in the recipe section) or at the link. [p]From the original recipe I added a green pepper, a little red pepper and some Kosher salt. The salt and pepper were added late in the cook just for a little more flavor. [p]I had a bowl for lunch a few minutes ago with some potato salad, cole slaw and a glass of wine. Life is GOOD! [p]Try the beans - I'll bet you'll be glad that you did. Thanks to "the walrus"!
[ul][li]Baked Beans[/ul]

Comments

• SpiceCooks
    SpiceCooks Posts: 80
    Options
    Gfw,
    With all of that good food coming off of your EGG, how do you control your weight? I think you and Nature Boy run neck and neck in the race for cooking on your EGGS. Sounds yummy!!!

• Gfw
    Gfw Posts: 1,598
    Options
    SpiceCooks, I really think NB has me beat - much more creative. At the ripe old age of 54 the weight thing is difficult, but we just work a little harder - for example, this morning I did a few (several) miles on my bike and when I got back at about noon I pushed my mower around the yard for about an hour - I have a rider that works great, but as you suggest - there could be a slight weight control problem. [p]One thing for sure... it is all fun and when the day comes, I'll have few regrets. [p]Best to the 'SpiceCooks'!