Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

As American as Apple pie and Runza's

Options
NPHuskerFL
NPHuskerFL Posts: 17,629
edited October 2013 in Baking
Our Son made the apple pie and my wife made the Runzas (not sure what a Runza is? Google it. It's a Nebraska thing :-D. Goes great on game day with a redeye beer). Happy eats.
LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
Flying Low & Slow in "Da Burg" FL

Comments

• jessie_rice
    Options
    Looks great!! I love baking on the BGE.

I have said that Texas is a state of mind, but I think it is more than that. It is a mystique closely approximating a religion. - John Steinbeck

Katy, Texas

• NPHuskerFL
    Options
    BGE baking is perfection. Perfectly golden brown. Fluffy, flaky and most of all....wicked tasty:-D
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
  • Spaightlabs
    Spaightlabs Posts: 2,349
    Options
    Love me some Runza!
  • FearlessTheEggNoob
    Options
    Please share the Runza recipe!
    Gittin' there...
  • Doc_Eggerton
    Doc_Eggerton Posts: 5,321
    Options
    I'll give you + on that.

XXL #82 out of the first 100, XLGE X 2, LBGE (gave this one to daughter 1.0) , MBGE (now in the hands of iloveagoodyoke daughter 2.0) and lots of toys

• Scottborasjr
    Scottborasjr Posts: 3,494
    Options
    So happy to see a fellow Husker on here that knows what a Runza is. Nicely done!!!
    I raise my kids, cook and golf.  When work gets in the way I'm pissed, I'm pissed off 48 weeks a year.
    Inbetween Iowa and Colorado, not close to anything remotely entertaining outside of football season. 
  • SaltySam
    SaltySam Posts: 887
    Options
    Dude. You're off to a great start. I am not on the Runza bandwagon, but these look freaking awesome!

New kid...bringin' it!

LBGE since June 2012

Omaha, NE

• NPHuskerFL
    edited October 2013
    Options
    Runza>the quick easy way. Make your own yeast rolls OR can use premade frozen yeast rolls. Let rolls rise. Slightly brown some beef or pork. We use beef and also use ground turkey occasionally. Tighten tree, cabbage, sweet onions and close up the Runza. Bake for about 1.5 hrs 400F-450F.
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
  • Chris_Wang
    Chris_Wang Posts: 1,254
    Options
    Very nice

Ball Ground, GA

ATL Sports Homer

• NPHuskerFL
    Options
    @Chris_Wang...thank you.
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
  • busmania
    busmania Posts: 414
    Options
    God I love Runza!  I grew up in NE but have lived in Colorado for 20 years.  There are actually two runzas in Northern Colorado....but its not the same.  whenever I drive through NE, my first stop is Runza!
  • NPHuskerFL
    Options
    Gotta be honest busmania...I live in FL and a guy in the Husker club here (about 175 of us in Jax FL) had Runzas UPS to pub we meet on game day. And to be honest I prefer mine over the ones from Lincoln. :-P but, it was very cool to have one from NE while watching game in FL. You gotta try it. Not hard to make and redeye beer goes nicely with it on game day :-D
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
  • NPHuskerFL
    Options
    I prefer spicy V8 in my redeye :-P
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
  • busmania
    Options
    Gotta be honest busmania...I live in FL and a guy in the Husker club here (about 175 of us in Jax FL) had Runzas UPS to pub we meet on game day. And to be honest I prefer mine over the ones from Lincoln. :-P but, it was very cool to have one from NE while watching game in FL. You gotta try it. Not hard to make and redeye beer goes nicely with it on game day :-D

Yeah, just something about sitting in Lincoln on game day either tailgating or in the stadium that makes them better.  Man do I want a runza now!

Go huskers...fire pelini.

• NPHuskerFL
    Options
    Sorry but I support Bo. We have a good solid program and he's an asset to bring it to the next level. Be patient (this coming from a Husker fan that frankly has 0 patience). Throwing them bones for the Blackshirts! GBR!!!
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
  • busmania
    Options

I don't necessarily disagree but I don't prefer his style of coaching nor his energy it seems most in husker nation actually do support him, I am not one of them!  .  Its been close to 20 years since our last championship and I am not ok with that and I think we are almost ALWAYS overrated.  time to get us to the top again.  Nebraska football is all Nebraska has in terms of sports so we expect to be at the top, every year.

also, whats up with two byes in one season?  That's panzy **** (and I know it is not Pelinis doing) but that drives me crazy.  I expect more from a team who is expected to be at the top.

But at least we can agree how good runza is!

• NPHuskerFL
    Options
    Yes we can age agree on Runza:-D. Don't worry we'll be back on top. It took Dr Osborne almost his entire career to get the machine to where it was. And in less than 5 yrs for that hack Callaghan to decimate it! Bo will bring it back have faith. GBR!!! Keep on egging my friend ;-)
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
  • Fred19Flintstone
    Options

Ahhhhhh, shut yer runza holes!  GO BLUE!!!image

Flint, Michigan
  • Loosemoose
    Options
    busmania said:

<P Its been close to 20 years since our last championship and I am not ok with that and I think we are almost ALWAYS overrated.

Are we talking about Notre Dame here?

Nowhere Indiana