Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope you all got to celebrate those tasty food holidays last week, we sure enjoyed them! We are even more excited about the beginning of fall, for so many reasons, but mainly for experiencing the cool, crisp air while being outside cooking up the best recipes the season has to offer. We especially love these Beer Pork Tenderloin and Ground Beef Acorn Squash recipes! Fall is upon us, and it's a great time for getting out to one of the many #EGGfests around the country - see a list here

OT I bought a Weber today. (1 of 2)

Let me Egg-splain.  I love my Eggs (large and mini).  You can't beat them for low and slow, indirect, pizzas, stir fry, etc.  But, lets face it,  as my old friend Stike used to say, "relax, it's only a grill".  As a grill, it's OK but nothing special.  And, in my case, it lacks a quality that I need.  Many of my Japanese grilling recipes call for a sear of the meat, then move over to a cooler part of the grill to complete the cook.  We do this with the Trex method for cooking steaks, but that requires a 20 minute cool down period for the Egg. (Note: maybe XL users can divide their grid, but not me on a large).

So, I had a need for this technique on a new recipe I wanted to do (see (2 of 2).  It worked perfectly.  I'm happy with my new purchase.  It will join my entire arsenal of cooking equipment that includes the Egg, oven, stove, and microwave).

Dripping Springs, Texas.
Gateway to the Hill Country

Comments