Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Canadian Thanksgiving Weekend.

Happy Thanksgiving to all fellow Canucks out there.
Hope everyone has a safe and fun weekend with lots of Egging.

Comments

• Little Steven
    Little Steven Posts: 28,817
    Happy Thanksgiving to all the hosers eh

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• Nsdexter
    Nsdexter Posts: 195
    I'm rocking a stubby pint right now! I know that sounds odd but I found about 300 old stubby bottles and filled em with homebrew. Sitting on the deck looking at sailboats in the bedford basin! Happy turkey day
    HFX NS
  • Dawnl
    Dawnl Posts: 252
    Happy Turkey Day guys!

Ottawa Valley, Ontario
  • Little Steven
    Nsdexter said:
    I'm rocking a stubby pint right now! I know that sounds odd but I found about 300 old stubby bottles and filled em with homebrew. Sitting on the deck looking at sailboats in the bedford basin! Happy turkey day
    You should splain the thinking behind the stubbies to our 'merican friends here.

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• Nsdexter
    edited October 2013
    It's short beer bottle like red stripe almost ale Canadian beer used to be sold that way until the mid 80s
    HFX NS
  • Happy Thanksgiving to the Great White North folks!  Or as we call it in the States, Monday.
    Flint, Michigan
  • Happy Thanksgiving to the Great White North folks!  Or as we call it in the States, Monday.

I thought it was called Columbus Day?
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Well, "spa-Peggy" is kind of like spaghetti. I'm not sure what Peggy does different, if anything. But it's the one dish she's kind of made her own.
  • Little Steven
    Nsdexter said:
    It's short beer bottle like red stripe almost ale Canadian beer used to be sold that way until the mid 80s
    The idea was that they could recycle all bottles that way with the same equipment. They chose the stubby cause it had no neck and you couldn't grab it by the neck and crack it over somebody's head. The Red Stripe bottles are the old stubbys.

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,727
    Happy thanksgiving y'all! Have a great weekend.

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • daffy1909
    daffy1909 Posts: 498
    HAPPY THANKSGIVING !!!!! And happy monday to my friends south of the border!!!! :-h
  • Nsdexter
    edited October 2013
  • Happy Thanksgiving fellow Canadians!  Enjoy the long weekend.
    Piero from South Etobicoke in Toronto and sometimes Pinellas Park, St.Petersburg, XL-BGE
  • Nsdexter
    edited October 2013
    Nsdexter said:
    The idea was that they could recycle all bottles that way with the same equipment. They chose the stubby cause it had no neck and you couldn't grab it by the neck and crack it over somebody's head. The Red Stripe bottles are the old stubbys.

Red strip are actually different bottles, towards the end of their life stubbies got twist offs. Most cdn brewers get their bottles back through ODRP and similar processes. Sleeman, moose head, brick, beaus, millstreet ect... All have their own bottles which are sorted at the beer store and send back through the delivery process. The big guys like molson and labatts tend to only use standard bottles which get used some 21 times before they are destroyed and reused.
    HFX NS
  • henapple
    henapple Posts: 16,025
    Happy Thanksgiving... The forum wouldn't be the same without ya'll. I mean that in a good way. What sides do you add to the turkey?
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • Mashed potatoes, corn bread stuffing, cheese grits, baked squash casserole and green beans, gravy. We also serve a spiral sliced ham.

Pumpkin and Pecan pies for dessert!
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Well, "spa-Peggy" is kind of like spaghetti. I'm not sure what Peggy does different, if anything. But it's the one dish she's kind of made her own.
    We add candied sweet potatoes.... Sounds the same. I do make deviled eggs.
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • henapple said:
    I did grow up in Texas. Lived here in Canada for a little over 12 years now. Slowly but surely I've got Thanksgiving just the way I like it.  :D

• henapple said:

I did grow up in Texas. Lived here in Canada for a little over 12 years now. Slowly but surely I've got Thanksgiving just the way I like it.  :D

How is that? Twice a year?
    Flint, Michigan
  • TexanOfTheNorth
    TexanOfTheNorth Posts: 3,951
    edited October 2013
    henapple said:
    How is that? Twice a year?
    LOL. 

American Thanksgiving is a working day for me so, if we go down south then I get two "complete" Thanksgivings. Otherwise, we usually just do something on a smaller scale here for the American version.
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,170
    Happy Thanksgiving-spent my youth within throwing distance of TGWN so we frequently crossed the border to enjoy the Day. 
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • Little Steven
    Thanks all!

Steve 

Caledon, ON