Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope everyone’s enjoying the first few days of summer. For us, the weather heating up means one thing - the EGG’s gonna be busy! Whether you’re making stuffed burgers for a backyard grill out, some brats before a baseball game or searing a steak for dinner on the patio, we hope you’re doing it with full flavor and having fun all the while!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Bäckeoffe (OT)

CPARKTXCPARKTX Posts: 1,047
Today is rainy and disgusting and it seemed like a better day for comfort food that I could smell coking all day instead of being out Egging...or at least that's my excuse as my Egg is totally covered from the elements. Anyway, a couple of years ago we were in the Alsace region of France and had Le Bäckeoffe and loved it. I've never seen it on a menu in the U.S. so I googled a recipe and decided to give it a try.

The real dish is cooked in earthen dishes in wood fired over a; I'm using a crockpot.

I'll report back in about four hours.

LBGE & SBGE.  Central Texas.  
image.jpg 798.9K
·

Comments