Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We’re halfway through National Barbecue Month and loving every minute of it. We hope you’ve had some time to try out some new recipes and enjoy a few old favorites as well. If you’d a couple tips on smoking meat, check out our Smoking Basics Publication. For delicious recipes, try Justin Moore’s BBQ Shrimp, Greg Bate’s BBQ Dr. Pepper Chicken, Bobby Flay’s Chicken Thighs or Dr. BBQ’s new Maple Brined Pork Chops. Need dessert? Finish off your meal with some Planked Twinkies. Have a great rest of May & get ready for some fun summer happenings!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Big Green Egger Map...show us where you live.

SMITTYtheSMOKERSMITTYtheSMOKER Posts: 2,312
edited 5:53AM in EggHead Forum

This is a rather interesting view of the board membership..enter your moniker and zip and help build the BGE map.

[ul][li]Map yourself here[/ul]

-SMITTY     

from SANTA CLARA, CA

·

Comments

• SMITTYtheSMOKER,[p]Cool!
    ·
  • MeinbmwMeinbmw Posts: 157
    SMITTYtheSMOKER,[p]Good idea .. thanks for sharing!

·
  • I'm in!
    ·
  • CajunCajun Posts: 147
    SMITTYtheSMOKER,[p]Agree like totally with the Kool comment.[p]Cajun
    ·
  • TroubleTrouble Posts: 276
    SMITTYtheSMOKER,
    That's fun! Florida is doing very well. thanks Smitty.

·
  • WooDoggiesWooDoggies Posts: 2,390
    SMITTYtheSMOKER,[p]Being visually minded.... I think that's a great idea.
    I love this forum![p]John

·
  • SMITTYtheSMOKER,[p]THAT is the coolest thing, EVER![p]E
    ·
  • SMITTYtheSMOKER,[p]Man, it looks like you east coast guys and gals have really got us west coast guys beat. Lets have some BBQ contest or Eggfests out west. See-Yaa
    ·
  • eggoreggor Posts: 777
    SMITTYtheSMOKER,[p]pretty cool, it'ld be even cooler if this link could be attached to this website. That way when this post goes away, future eggers could still put a pin in the map.[p]Scott

·
  • Bobby-QBobby-Q Posts: 1,993
    SMITTYtheSMOKER,
    Sweet...very cool thing.

·
  • SMITTYtheSMOKER,
    Hey, great idea and nice link for us Eggheads, but for some reason my pin does not appear on the map in spite of my trying it twice. What did I do wrong? Can I fix it?[p]Spring "Clipped Wing" Chicken
    Spring Texas USA

·
  • Bobby-QBobby-Q Posts: 1,993
    Spring Chicken,
    Ummm, well, how do I put this? You apparently are standing behind Chubby and, well, umm, it's a little hard to see you behind him.[p]Bobby "leaving before I get hit"-Q

·
  • SSN686SSN686 Posts: 2,956
    Morning Spring Chicken:[p]Your "pin" is there, it is just hiding behind Chubby's!!! (and no, I am not going to say anything more).[p]Have a GREAT day!
    Jay

Have a GREAT day!

Jay

Brandon, FL

·
  • fishlessmanfishlessman Posts: 16,924
    Spring Chicken,
    your in there, enlarge the map and youll see your right next to chubby

·
  • Lawn RangerLawn Ranger Posts: 5,466
    Bobby-Q,
    Ohhhhhhh!

·
  • QBabeQBabe Posts: 2,275
    SMITTYtheSMOKER,[p]Very cool![p]It's interesting that it assigned us to a town I've never heard of, even though I entered our correct zip code. We are in Alachua, FL, but it says we're from Santa Fe, FL. I wonder whether the zip code database it's using is current?[p]Did anyone else end up with a different town?[p]Tonia
    :~)

·
  • Spring Chicken,
    Move over, Chubby! These Chickens have gotta have some room.[p]Spring "Locked Down in the Coop" Chicken

·
  • JimboBQJimboBQ Posts: 192
    QBabe,
    Same thing happened to me. I live in Spartanburg, SC. I entered every Spartanburg zip code I know and it kept listing me in Valley Falls, SC. Now, Valley Falls is real close to Spartanburg,,,,,so I'm happy.[p]Jimbo[p]

Spartanburg, SC - 1 Large, 1 Small, 1 MiniMax and a Mini. I may have a problem...
    ·
  • SMITTYtheSMOKER,
    Boy, it's awfully lonely being the only egger in all of New Mexico! No wonder I can't find lump easily here.

·
  • QBabe,[p]Yea Q Babe, I put my info in and it put me in a little wide spot in the road about 5 miles from here called Desert Hills, when I really live in Lake Havasu City, Arizona. See-Yaa
    ·
  • Looks like we need more EGGers in the Rockies...

Chris
    ·
  • badbrucebadbruce Posts: 353
    Greetings edbro,
    Yeah, but at least ya got southwestern cooking. If I hafta have any more 'California' cuisine I'm gonna puke.
    Cheers,
    bruce

·
  • badbruce,[p]If you visit I can point you towards the best Mexican food you've ever had (Sadie's Kitchen). I didn't know California even had a cuisine.
    ·
  • badbrucebadbruce Posts: 353
    Hi edbro,
    I love good Mex food, hotter the better.
    When we go out for dinner we usually stick to ethnic resturants. Great ethnic food out here, port of entry & all that.
    Cheers,
    bruce

·
  • jake42jake42 Posts: 931
    SMITTYtheSMOKER,
    Put myself on the map ans somehow it's showing up in Winnepeg.

·