Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Pork Medallions with Naga Jolokia Sauce.

Options
It rained like crazy here today. The rain let up in time for dinner, so I made a quick grocery run to pick up some vittles.

I've been meaning to do a pork tenderloin for ages after seeing the many tenderloin cooks that look so good. Dusted one up with DP Swamp Venom. Have also wanted to make spaghetti squash forever, so got one of those too. Cut it in half, brushed with olive oil, and dusted with DP Cowlick. Fired up the large to 350°F with a few cherry chinks and got the squash going first. Then threw on the tenderloin after 20mins. Didn't take a picture because the grid setup looked obscene. Pulled everything off at the 40min mark - tenderloin was 145°F in the thicker end and 165°F in the thinner end. Perfect, since SWMBO is preggers and off medium-rare meat for now.

Made another sauce tonight. Splash of EVOO, annato (for color), lotsa garlic, some marjoram, mango habanero aioli of some kind (found in the fridge so used in place of butter), white wine, dry vermouth, fresh cracked pepper, sea salt, and naga jolokia paste. The paste is actually achar, a spicy relish to accompany food in India (other countries too I guess). Found this in a Bangladeshi store while buying fish recently. 

This was a winning meal, if I do say so myself. SWMBO licked her plate clean. The sauce came out pretty nicely - I used a minuscule amount of the naga jolokia achar, but it gave the sauce this really bright, clean heat. Loved the spaghetti squash too, and will definitely add it to the rotation of sides done on the egg. Turned out to be an excellent meal.

Oh, this meal was sponsored by a few pegs of this stuff:

Thanks for looking.

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.

Comments