Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Whose Not at Eggfest

TexanOfTheNorth
TexanOfTheNorth Posts: 3,951
edited October 2013 in Off Topic
... and what are you doing today?

I'm getting ready to head over to "Round the Bend Farm" to pick up our Thanksgiving turkey.

I've got some chicken breasts set out that I'll probably stuff (inspired by @Tuttle871) and put on the egg tonight.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Well, "spa-Peggy" is kind of like spaghetti. I'm not sure what Peggy does different, if anything. But it's the one dish she's kind of made her own.

Comments

• Yard work and other chores. Grilled chicken and mashed Cauliflower for chow tonight. Trying to enjoy this gorgeous GA fall weather while everyone else is at the 'fest....
    In the  Hinterlands between Cumming and Gainesville, GA
    Med BGE, Weber Kettle, Weber Smokey Joe, Brinkman Dual Zone, Weber Genesis Gas Grill and portable gasser for boating
  • TUTTLE871
    TUTTLE871 Posts: 1,316
    edited October 2013
    Heading out to watch the TX/OU game and then tonight doing a fridge raid and throwing something in the egg.

Have a flight out tomorrow morning to Minneapolis so no egging for the game tomorrow night.

"Hold my beer and watch this S##T!"

LARGE BGE DALLAS TX.

• This guy.  :((
    Got a brisket on the egg. Going to do mac & cheese and Kale greens inside. Watching football all day!

Roll Tide Roll
    Killen, AL (The Shoals)
    XL, Small, Minimax, and Mini BGEs
  • bigguy136
    bigguy136 Posts: 1,362
    I'm going to take apart my new Kitchenaid toaster and fix what they wouldn't. For $300 and 1000 watts, I figured it would toast bread quickly. The heating elements are too far away so I will be fixing that.

Big Lake, Minnesota

2X Large BGE, 1 Mini Max, Stokers, Adjustable Rig

• tomiv
    tomiv Posts: 7
    Smoking 5 baby back ribs, 4 beer can chickens and some other stuff for friends. Got up this morning at 6am to start the fire and be done by probably 5 pm.
  • RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,880
    Errands etc today, neighborhood Bonyacalda party tonight. That's cooked garlic & anchovies...bet we will stink tomorrow! LOL
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    Preparing dinner for two friends I happen to have the good fortune of working with and their families. Pulled pork, pulled beef, baked beans, grilled veggies, and fresh bread on the menu. Rain has stopped and with any luck it won't start again.
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • TofN, getting ready for a birthday bash in STex....nothing egged today.  
    Next fest for us is Plano,  first weekend in Nov.  Are you going to be there?
    Large, small and mini now Egging in Rowlett Tx
  • EggNorth
    EggNorth Posts: 1,535
    Turkey breast for one of two Thanksgiving dinners.
    Dave
    Cambridge, Ontario - Canada
    Large (2010), Mini Max (2015), Large garden pot (2018)
  • Deer hunting and egging some pork butt
    Beaufort, SC
  • We're going to my Mom's today.  So what's on tap is college football, maybe a couple of chores followed by going out for supper.  I was hoping to egg some steaks, but Mom insists on taking us out for Wilma's recent birthday.
    Flint, Michigan
  • Griffin
    Griffin Posts: 8,200
    This guy. Just got done cleaning house. Need to move a tv outside for multiple game watching. Smoking a ham, black eye peas and cornbread. Football, friends and food. And I may have a few drinks.  ;) Sic 'em Bears!

Rowlett, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings

• TofN, getting ready for a birthday bash in STex....nothing egged today.  
    Next fest for us is Plano,  first weekend in Nov.  Are you going to be there?
    Although I grew up in Richardson, North, for me, is Ontario, Canada so, no, I won't be attending the Plano Eggfest. Won't be able to make Salado either.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Well, "spa-Peggy" is kind of like spaghetti. I'm not sure what Peggy does different, if anything. But it's the one dish she's kind of made her own.
    This guy. Just got done cleaning house. Need to move a tv outside for multiple game watching. Smoking a ham, black eye peas and cornbread. Football, friends and food. And I may have a few drinks.  ;) Sic 'em Bears!
    "TV outside?" When I was your age we couldn't just move the TV anywhere we wanted. You don't realize how good you've got it!

I love those commercials.
    Griffin said:
    "TV outside?" When I was your age we couldn't just move the TV anywhere we wanted. You don't realize how good you've got it!

I love those commercials.
    Exactly. Gotta love u-verse.

Rowlett, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings

• Solson005
    Solson005 Posts: 1,911
    Grilling up some Bevo Burgers for lunch and watching the Red River Rivalry! Boomer Sooner!

Large & Small BGE, CGW Two-Tier Swing Rack for BOTH EGGS, Spider for the Wok, eggCARTen & and Cedar Pergola my Eggs call home in Edmond, OK. 
  • Jeremiah
    Jeremiah Posts: 6,412
    While we had planned going, it just didn't come together this year. I'm about to do beef ribs from carrie's necessary ingldulgences blog. That and plenty of yuengling and football. :)
    Slumming it in Aiken, SC. 
  • shtgunal3
    shtgunal3 Posts: 5,629
    Working... :((

LBGE,SBGE, and a Mini makes three......Sweet home Alabama........ Stay thirsty my friends .

• GrannyX4
    GrannyX4 Posts: 1,491
    Camera class, finishing up the turkey from Thursday, working on the photo book for the Grands and watching OU and Texas.  Mojito later.....another day in Paradise. ;;)
    Every day is a bonus day and every meal is a banquet in Winter Springs, Fl !
  • Nsdexter
    Nsdexter Posts: 195
    edited October 2013
    Brewing some homebrew and doing the sides for thanksgiving tomorrow. There's no eggfest in halifax...
    HFX NS
  • Solson005 said:
    Grilling up some Bevo Burgers for lunch and watching the Red River Rivalry! Boomer Sooner!

Boomer that, Holmes. 85 yd punt return. Hook Em!
    Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • Little Steven
    Little Steven Posts: 28,817
    RRP said:
    Errands etc today, neighborhood Bonyacalda party tonight. That's cooked garlic & anchovies...bet we will stink tomorrow! LOL
    You Americans! I'm thinking geez I never heard of that. I google it and read the recipe and I say wait a minute that's Bagna càuda. Then I got it.
    :(

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• Kosko
    Kosko Posts: 535
    After a 10 mile mountain bike ride , I am now ripping up base boards getting my house ready for the big tile job I have ahead of me! BEAUTIFUL day in Georgia ! May throw a couple of pork tenderloins on the egg for the in laws later?image
    Peachtree City, Ga Large BGE
  • Little Steven
    Little Steven Posts: 28,817
    Just got a post on my wall (whatever that is) from sqw? He was some upset. Said it was the worst event he's ever attended. No food etc.

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• sumoconnell
    sumoconnell Posts: 1,932
    It's 2:43pm and OU sucks!

I'm in Austin....
    +++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    Austin, Texas.  I'm the guy holding a beer.
  • henapple
    henapple Posts: 16,025
    Cooking butt and ribs for friends and neighbors... Trying to finish installing french doors in the mancave.
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • Just got a post on my wall (whatever that is) from sqw? He was some upset. Said it was the worst event he's ever attended. No food etc.

I think sqw is short for squawk. Regardless Steven, you better fix it for him right away!! You're kinda a big deal here.
    Flint, Michigan
  • queued
    queued Posts: 50
    I missed Eggtoberfest, but got to watch Duke crush Navy as a consolation prize :-P.
    Raleigh, NC
  • warwoman
    warwoman Posts: 279
    bigguy136 said:
    I'm going to take apart my new Kitchenaid toaster and fix what they wouldn't. For $300 and 1000 watts, I figured it would toast bread quickly. The heating elements are too far away so I will be fixing that.

Darn, I didn't even know they made $300 toasters. Does it butter the toast for you? For an extra "Benjamin", you could get a mini egg! BTW, the Fest was great today. First one I've attended, and I will go back, Lord willin' and the creek don't rise!
    From the NE Georgia Mountains! Me, SWMBO, and two spoiled ass Springers!
  • RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,880
    RRP said:
    M
    You Americans! I'm thinking geez I never heard of that. I google it and read the recipe and I say wait a minute that's Bagna càuda. Then I got it.
    :(
    </ Whatever, Steven! All I know is I can easily belch the pronunciation as either bonyacalda or bagnacauda as I sit here watching the plants curl and turn away tonight! Damn that was good though!
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.