Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
April showers bring...National BBQ Month! Are you ready for a month full of briskets, pulled pork and chicken wings? We hope so, because it’s almost here! Keep an eye out for some of our favorite BBQ recipes we’ll be sharing with you throughout the month of May.

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Salmon for dinner

A quick impromptu dinner  - SWMBO swung by Costco on her way home today and picked up some salmon. Sprinkled Paul Prudhomme's Magic Salmon Seasoning (random purchase from a long time ago) on one filet. Fired up the egg and threw the salmon on once it hit 350. SWMBO made some haricot verts with sesame oil and sesame seeds. Sorry for the dearth of pics, but things were moving fast once we got cooking.

First try at lemon caper sauce. Made with light butter, rice cooking wine (ran out of white wine), dry vermouth, lemon juice, and capers. The sauce was inspired by some of the great sauces we had on our recent trip to New Orleans, and was a hit. I overcooked the fish a bit since I was busy making the sauce inside. Also forgot to plate the roasted butternut squash and potatoes with chives side that SWMBO made in the big clock! Who knew that butternut squash and potatoes would taste so good together?

Thanks for looking.

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
·

Comments

• GriffinGriffin Posts: 6,768
    :-bd looks good

Richardson, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings

·
  • Dyal_SCDyal_SC Posts: 2,245
    Wow that does look good, especially the caper sauce !
    2014 Co-Wing King
    ·
  • U_tardedU_tarded Posts: 1,253
    love lemon caper sauce/white wine sauces.  we use it alot (piccata style is what I call it).  good work

·
  • calikingcaliking Posts: 6,735
    Thanks, fellas.

@U_tarded - I'm going to try making more white wine sauces. Need to plant some more herbs some time to help with that. The recipe was based off of a veal piccata recipe, but I figured it would work for fish too. 

·
  • Doc_EggertonDoc_Eggerton Posts: 4,242
    Looks delicious.
    Pasquali Luciano
    Buon appetito to all the BGE family
    XLBGE, LBGE, MBGE and lots of toys

·
  • RACRAC Posts: 1,315
    Look's awesome! ^:)^

Ricky

Spring, TX

·
  • U_tardedU_tarded Posts: 1,253
    caliking said:

Thanks, fellas.

@U_tarded - I'm going to try making more white wine sauces. Need to plant some more herbs some time to help with that. The recipe was based off of a veal piccata recipe, but I figured it would work for fish too. 
    Good call, in the last stuffed throwdown I thickened it with corn starch and rolled it with shrooms, fresh tomatoes and goat cheese into a pork tenderloin.
    ·
  • calikingcaliking Posts: 6,735
    I'll have to try and find that post. Sounds tasty.

·
  • nolaeggheadnolaegghead Posts: 13,667
    Looks delicious!

·