Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Is This A Normal Egg Glaze/Finish???

13»

Comments

• Lit
    Lit Posts: 9,053
    I have had nothing but great experiences with warranty issues the problem here seems to be the dealer. I can't believe the OP hasn't heard back from Bruce yet. I sent an email when my medium base cracked and I was going camping that afternoon with it and the email went out with a picture in the morning and I picked up my new base early afternoon in tucker. I had the same response when one of my larges cracked and also with any internal ceramic issues.
  • No replies as yet!
    Tiocfaidh!
    Support 26+6=1 United Ireland
  • Crimsongator
    Crimsongator Posts: 5,797
    Hey wolfetone, do you know what is this weekend in Atlanta?
  • B&BKnox
    B&BKnox Posts: 283
    Wow, guys calm down.  RRP has a very valid point!  Should one open the box take out and inspect before taking delivery?, least you be stuck with a huge problem.  Apple who once had a sterling reputation on QC, which is now slipping, still to this day has a 14 day no question asked return policy.  Companies are supposed to improve their products as each "new years" release comes out. So Crimsongators comments make sense too.  Sounds like the dealer here is half ass, Centex had a great point about replace and dealer sell this one as demo.  Bottom line, it is BGE's reputation at stake and they should step up since this is their QC issue.  My egg had a few missed glaze spots but NOTHING like Wolftones.  It is a fact that BGE's warranty covers less today than it did several years ago and competitors warranty are now equal to BGE.  Great cooker and love them to death, but I could just as easily probably say that about most ceramic cooker mfg's today.  And yes the old site, which is way more cumbersome, IS the basis for this site.  Without that this site would be a shadow of what it is.  Lets cook some food!! oh and have a adult beverage or 10.
    Be Well

Knoxville TN
  • Nope

Hey wolfetone, do you know what is this weekend in Atlanta?

Tiocfaidh!
  • Lit
    Lit Posts: 9,053
    Its eggtoberfest. The corporate eggfest meet and greet starts tomorrow. I don't think that's a good excuse though to not keep up normal business practices. Hopefully you hear something today.
  • I thought u were going to say that, but I blanked out the date in my head as I'm in the northeast. Ill just keep an eye out and hope to hear something soon! If anyone's down there maybe mention this thread, I can't believe the response, just shows the passion out their for eggs!!
    Tiocfaidh!
  • I can feel the love in the air :x
    Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • henapple
    henapple Posts: 16,025
    It's been a good long while since we had an open and bitter battle of opinions and views to the level that hurtful words were slung like arrows with tips dipped in poisonous venom. When not only personal views and cerebral abilities are questioned but also personal character, the very essence of the man himself. A war that will demand all onlookers to choose a side and take up arms in defense of their choice. When faced with these on-line scrums that turn member against member i always react the same way...hooray! It's about time. 

This place used to be a lot friendlier...now its better.

On a side note..it's a good thing we are standing on the shoulders of the old forum...Little Steven can finally see the show.

Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • Crimsongator
    I know, I had visions of sugarplums dancing in my head last night...
  • This forum is light years ahead of the old forum, one of the many positive changes made by the "new guy".
    I agree, wolfetone's issue is a dealer one. Having said that we all know BGE will make it right. 
  • Crimsongator
    Agreed. The good guys always win  :-)

• Hi all,

So as promised here is the update, BGE have said, that they see it as a manufacturing issue, and although it is cosmetic and would not affect function according to them, they would replace the top and bottom half.

Nothing new there!

They said if the parts are brought in as part of an egg order that shipping would be free.

Issue is, how many eggs are bought this time of the year!!

So I've put BGE and the store in touch together to figure it out and let me know what the situation is. It still doesn't really change the situation from before, unless the store wish to make an order, and I doubt they will given the time of year.
    Tiocfaidh!
  • All sorted. Bruce has been great and I just got an email to say BGE are covering all costs and replacing both halves.

The store are doing their bit by coming and replacing the new/old at my home.

Thank you everyone and for those that suggested Bruce.
    Tiocfaidh!
  • MaskedMarvel
    MaskedMarvel Posts: 3,136
    Nice. I reread the warranty and it said the glaze isn't covered after the dealer, but on the manufacturing side it is. Glad to be reassured bge holds up what I expected would be a favorable response.
    Large BGE and Medium BGE
    36" Blackstone - Greensboro!

• Well, initially their distributor or whoever was representing them on their side said it wasnt covered under warranty and highlighted certain parts.

It is only because I kept pushing it.

I agree if you drop something on your egg and the glaze chips off that is something that should not be covered, however this was not the issue in my case.

In my case it came out of factory without the glaze in the first place! Are we meant to be their QC employees now also!!

Anyways, it was put right in the end and thats all that matters thanks to all of you here and Bruce at BGE.
    Tiocfaidh!
  • Ok, so to put an end to this heres the final result.

Today I received a brand new egg, I was just expecting the glazed top and bottom half, but they shipped absolutely everything brand new....EVERYTHING!

So I must say a big thanks to you all, and Bruce at BGE and my local store for dropping it off today. It was'nt fair....but they put it right in the end! And for that, ill keep buying from BGE. 

The new egg glaze is perfect, not so fond of the new air inlet on the bottom, its a new design and it seems a bit flimsy to be honest. But if I get a new CyberQ they will give me those parts.
    Tiocfaidh!