Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Thank you Henapple!!

So up in the great cold North, I was unable to procure a bag of this magic lump called Ozark Oak.
Henapple was kind enough to send me a bag, which I was finally able to pick up this morning.
Leaving work now to go home and test it out.
I have heard so much about this charcoal on this forum, I wanted to test it out and compare to the maple lump I usuallly use, prior to making a trip down south to get a few bags.
He also included a small bag of some sort of rub... :)
So I just wanted to thank him for everything. This forum is made up of some amazing folks.

Comments

• hondabbq
    hondabbq Posts: 1,980

Me too please. LOL. All I can get is RO.

Id love to be able to participate in the group buys for some good lump. Id take 10 bags of this and 10 bags of that, if possible.  Not that I have anything to complain about with RO, I have nothing else to compare it to, but it would be nice to try some of the other lump that you read about here that have had great results.

• Well I just started the first batch and so far, amazing - no spark, nice mellow smoke scent.
    Can't wait to cooking on it.
  • hondabbq said:

Id love to be able to participate in the group buys for some good lump. Id take 10 bags of this and 10 bags of that, if possible.  Not that I have anything to complain about with RO, I have nothing else to compare it to, but it would be nice to try some of the other lump that you read about here that have had great results.

Can you get Natures Own out there in Wintepeg? It's manufactured in Quebec from Canadian Maple.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Well, "spa-Peggy" is kind of like spaghetti. I'm not sure what Peggy does different, if anything. But it's the one dish she's kind of made her own.

Can you get Natures Own out there in Wintepeg? It's manufactured in Quebec from Canadian Maple.
    Your sig line is freaking hilarious

Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • Mattman3969
    Mattman3969 Posts: 10,457
    Awesome move Tony!!!!

-----------------------------------------

analyze adapt overcome

2008 -Large BGE. 2013- Small BGE and 2015 - Mini. Henderson, Ky.
  • henapple
    henapple Posts: 16,025

So up in the great cold North, I was unable to procure a bag of this magic lump called Ozark Oak.
    Henapple was kind enough to send me a bag, which I was finally able to pick up this morning.
    I have heard so much about this charcoal on this forum, I wanted to test it out and compare to the maple lump I usuallly use, prior to making a trip down south to get a few bags.
    So I just wanted to thank him for everything. This forum is made up of some amazing folks.

I wrote the name of the rub in the box... I think. Good luck.
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • Trini_in_Ottawa
    Trini_in_Ottawa Posts: 231
    edited October 2013

hondabbq said:

COSTCO carries it here seasonally, would think it would be available in Winnipeg also.
  • henapple said:

I wrote the name of the rub in the box... I think. Good luck.
    Thanks.
    Chicken was amazing, nice mild smoke flavour, charcoal burnt for a long time.
    Ribs will be going on shortly. :)
  • hondabbq
    hondabbq said:

COSTCO carries it here seasonally, would think it would be available in Winnipeg also.
    We never have lump at our 3 Costco's. I have seen the Natures own at Home Hardware, but its stupidly expensive.
  • henapple
    Honda, where are you located?
  • hondabbq
    Winnipeg Manitoba Canada.
  • henapple
    You can figure shipping from 37129...
  • hondabbq said:

hondabbq said:

We never have lump at our 3 Costco's. I have seen the Natures own at Home Hardware, but its stupidly expensive.

:(
    That is horrible - its $12 here for a 17lb bag.
    Need to talk with your local COSTCO and get them to bring it in.