Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT: Simple and maybe stupid question re: EggFest

Am I correct in assuming that one cannot just pay the monies and show up? I'm not interested in cooking, just tasting and meeting other folks on this forum. I didn't think I would have this weekend free and would love to swing by tomorrow if possible. Seems all tickets have been sold.
In the  Hinterlands between Cumming and Gainesville, GA
Med BGE, Weber Kettle, Weber Smokey Joe, Brinkman Dual Zone, Weber Genesis Gas Grill and portable gasser for boating

Comments

• Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    Correct. You have to have a ticket so keep an eye on posts offering last-minute ones.
  • Canugghead
    Canugghead Posts: 11,407
    edited October 2013
    try this ...

Edit: btw, just noticed it's the seller's first post on the other forum.
    canuckland
  • Thanks!
    Med BGE, Weber Kettle, Weber Smokey Joe, Brinkman Dual Zone, Weber Genesis Gas Grill and portable gasser for boating
  • Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,669
    This March VI will be in charge of enforcement for the Salado EggFest. So you do not need a stinking ticket. Give VI a swig off any open bottle and your family (your in the Fest)....Just saying
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• So Mickey, at the risk of sounding ignorant once again, who or what is "VI"?
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,082
    @Mickey's response to the above will be well worth the read....
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • TUTTLE871
    TUTTLE871 Posts: 1,316
    I fell out if my chair when I saw "Or what is a VI?"

"Hold my beer and watch this S##T!"

LARGE BGE DALLAS TX.

• Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,669
    What is a VI. OMG, where do I start. First and foremost he is an outstanding cook, at least that is what he will tell you. With that out of the way: I can only describe Village Idiot (VI) as well...... think garden troll, yes think garden troll. As VI has an outstanding garden and he is short and well garden troll comes to mind. Now VI carries (Texas speak for has a gun on him) so that if  someone were to come close to that decorated Vespa he rides he can rid himself of that person. VI by moving to Austin caused the Lake Travis to drop a full 75feet and the liquor volume sales to raise by 7%, VI is married to a Saint, she overlooks his shortcomings, and sees to  it his fake deer are in the yard each morning for his enjoyment. I think VI invented Photoshop. Just looking at his pictures on his blog would suggest this. And yet I call him a personal friend (shows where my standards are)....
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• RAC
    RAC Posts: 1,688
    edited October 2013

Ricky

Boerne, TX

• henapple
    henapple Posts: 16,025
    Evidently vi is some sort of god...
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • Ah, "Village Idiot". NOW I know what you are talking about. Sorry, I'm not part of the BGE Forum inner circle to have caught that. Now, from what I'm reading Mickey, VI is not a man I should fool with unless I want some dude in cammo's and a laser sighted rifle yelling "DIE GAS PUMPER" to start picking off my assortment of small furry animals that frequent my yard?

Just askin....

• Mickey said:
    This March VI will be in charge of enforcement for the Salado EggFest. So you do not need a stinking ticket. Give VI a swig off any open bottle and your family (your in the Fest)....Just saying

Also, this now makes sense. You see, sometimes innuendo flies right over me and you just have to hit me in the face with it.

Now, if I brought my own bottle to pass around, would that boost my standing in this inner circle?

;)
  • bigguy136
    bigguy136 Posts: 1,362
    Not sure but wasn't VI "otta here" :D

Big Lake, Minnesota

2X Large BGE, 1 Mini Max, Stokers, Adjustable Rig