Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope everyone’s enjoying the first few days of summer. For us, the weather heating up means one thing - the EGG’s gonna be busy! Whether you’re making stuffed burgers for a backyard grill out, some brats before a baseball game or searing a steak for dinner on the patio, we hope you’re doing it with full flavor and having fun all the while!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Plank Salmon

Beautiful day , Jack Daniels and water , rocking chair and fantastic plank salmon done at 250 degrees with alder chips!
George
Palm Beach Gardens, Fl and Blue Ridge, Ga.
·

Comments

• dlk7dlk7 Posts: 1,003

Really nice!!  What did you use on the salmon?

Two XL BGEs - So Happy!!!!

Waunakee, WI

·
  • SmokeyPittSmokeyPitt Posts: 6,567
    Looks beautiful!  That is a nifty plank presenting platter ya got there ;)

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

·
  • gpsegggpsegg Posts: 340
    Thanks...EVOO and DP Raging River always! The best.
    George
    ·
  • GrannyX4GrannyX4 Posts: 1,458
    The salmon looks great. Loveeeeeee the platter. Was that bought locally?
    Every day is a bonus day and every meal is a banquet in Winter Springs, Fl !
    ·
    SWMBO tells me this particular platter was discontinued. May find it on eBay. Company is Wilton Armetale.
    George
    ·
    Thanks.
    ·
  • bicktravbicktrav Posts: 467
    Looks fantastic. 250 is much lower than I normally go for planked salmon. How does using a low temp impact the final product? Intersted in giving it a try.
    Southern California
    ·
    @Gpsegg, thanks.
    ·
    Lower temperature allows it to take on more of the smoke and it's never dried out. I do it raised on AR direct (of course the plank makes it an indirect cook). Takes about 45-50 minutes to IT of 135.
    George
    ·
  • bicktravbicktrav Posts: 467
    gpsegg said:

Lower temperature allows it to take on more of the smoke and it's never dried out. I do it raised on AR direct (of course the plank makes it an indirect cook). Takes about 45-50 minutes to IT of 135.

Great, definitely going to give that a try. Thanks!
    Southern California
    ·
  • GriffinGriffin Posts: 6,926
    Sounds like a perferct afternoon. Love that platter. Very cool.

Richardson, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings

·