Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It’s almost football season, so we’re perfecting our favorite tailgating and homegating recipes! Whether you like hamburgers, wings, brats, ribs or something cooked with beer, we have everything you’ll need for the perfect tailgate party. We always like inviting friends to join our tailgates because the EGG is about community and having fun, so make sure if you’re inviting company you make extra - the food will be gone before you know it! Don't forget dessert, either!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Plank Salmon

Beautiful day , Jack Daniels and water , rocking chair and fantastic plank salmon done at 250 degrees with alder chips!
George
Palm Beach Gardens, Fl and Blue Ridge, Ga.

Comments

• dlk7dlk7 Posts: 1,008

Really nice!!  What did you use on the salmon?

Two XL BGEs - So Happy!!!!

Waunakee, WI

• SmokeyPittSmokeyPitt Posts: 7,075
    Looks beautiful!  That is a nifty plank presenting platter ya got there ;)

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

• gpsegggpsegg Posts: 367
    Thanks...EVOO and DP Raging River always! The best.
    George
  • GrannyX4GrannyX4 Posts: 1,465
    The salmon looks great. Loveeeeeee the platter. Was that bought locally?
    Every day is a bonus day and every meal is a banquet in Winter Springs, Fl !
    SWMBO tells me this particular platter was discontinued. May find it on eBay. Company is Wilton Armetale.
    George
    Thanks.
  • bicktravbicktrav Posts: 467
    Looks fantastic. 250 is much lower than I normally go for planked salmon. How does using a low temp impact the final product? Intersted in giving it a try.
    Southern California
    @Gpsegg, thanks.
    Lower temperature allows it to take on more of the smoke and it's never dried out. I do it raised on AR direct (of course the plank makes it an indirect cook). Takes about 45-50 minutes to IT of 135.
    George
  • bicktravbicktrav Posts: 467
    gpsegg said:

Lower temperature allows it to take on more of the smoke and it's never dried out. I do it raised on AR direct (of course the plank makes it an indirect cook). Takes about 45-50 minutes to IT of 135.

Great, definitely going to give that a try. Thanks!
    Southern California
  • GriffinGriffin Posts: 7,069
    Sounds like a perferct afternoon. Love that platter. Very cool.

Richardson, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings