Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It doesn’t get much hotter than the EGG cookin’ in July! Make sure to keep yourself hydrated with a bit of whatever you’re using for the Beer Can Chicken. Ice Cream Sandwiches are also a great way to stay cool. Looking for some great ideas for a summer cook out? Try out a Pimento Cheeseburger or Dr. BBQ’s Spare Rib Surprise. Just don’t be surprised if your neighbors stop by for a quick bite when they smell what you’re cooking!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Raising Turkey on Platesetter

I've read that I need to read the turkey drip pan on the green feet on the platesetter for risk of too much heat hitting the drip plan...

The problem is my green feet are in use under the egg on my table.

What else can I use?
·

Comments

• Mattman3969Mattman3969 Posts: 4,841
    I have read about people using 1/2" copper plumbing tees, balls of aluminum foil and 1/2" nuts. Or you could pick up some of these from lowes.

image.jpg 66.6K

-----------------------------------------

Large BGE. Small BGE Henderson, Ky.
    ·
  • GrannyX4GrannyX4 Posts: 1,460
    Crushed soda/beer cans or waded up aluminum foil balls. ;;)
    Every day is a bonus day and every meal is a banquet in Winter Springs, Fl !
    ·
  • Would crushed soda cans work? That's easy... So are the half inch nuts.... What are those lowes things?
    ·
  • SmokeyPittSmokeyPitt Posts: 6,853
    Another thought is a simple cooling rack like these:

Around me you can find these cheap in the grocery store or at the dollar store.  

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

·
  • Little StevenLittle Steven Posts: 27,351
    I bought a contractor's pack of the copper tees years ago. I sometimes use five or six at a time. I have an old colander that I keep them in on the table. Sometimes they end up in the lump when rearranging the cook so it's nice to have some handy.

Steve 

Caledon, ON

·
  • Mattman3969Mattman3969 Posts: 4,841
    Would crushed soda cans work? That's easy... So are the half inch nuts.... What are those lowes things?

So for the non description on the clay feet This will help http://www.lowes.com/pd_281193-303-673765_0__?productId=3030165

-----------------------------------------

Large BGE. Small BGE Henderson, Ky.
    ·
  • Ragtop99Ragtop99 Posts: 1,360
    edited October 2013
    I stack 3 nickles together.  Wrap them in foil makes it easy to reuse. 45 to 60 cents total investment. 

Hmmmm.  I could do 5 pennies stacked and wrapped in foil to cut my investment to 15 cents since I use only 3 stacks.  *-:)
    Cooking on an XL and Medium in Bethesda, MD.
    ·