Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Spreading the love this Valentine’s Day with your EGG? Virginia Willis’ three course menu is perfect for a date night! February is also National Chocolate Lover’s Month, so don’t feel guilty if you’ve been cooking a little more dessert than usual on your EGG. If you’re looking for something a little more savory than chocolate, try some Roasted Chicken Flatbread or Pork Tenderloin with Honey Mustard.

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the History of the EGG Museum and the Culinary Center too!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

Restoring Denberg (PICS)

2»

Comments

• GogogordyGogogordy Posts: 460
    A great share. Thanks.
    When I'm not Eggin', I'm scootin'   Eggin' and 'cueing from Temecula Ca; an hour from San Diego, an hour and five minutes from Palm Springs, and an hour and a half from Los Angeles (yeah, right. With THAT traffic?)
  • TjcoleyTjcoley Posts: 3,453
    Great story and great repair. Hope it holds up for you. Thanks for sharing.
    Great story and great work on the egg!

Location 33.537588, -83.969298 (33.5 miles and 41 minutes SE of the Mothership)

• SkiddymarkerSkiddymarker Posts: 7,369
    @buddubya - if the Behr peels (hell I can't get that stuff to stick to anything) try this:

Available in lots of colours. Have had great success on hobby and restored cars/trucks. 
    Delta B.C. - Vee-Gan: old Indian word for poor hunter. 
  • Ragtop99Ragtop99 Posts: 1,464
    Brake caliper paint should work too.  The G2 paint is epoxy based so that stuff will definitely stick.  The trick would be getting enough to do an egg.
    Cooking on an XL and Medium in Bethesda, MD.
  • nolaeggheadnolaegghead Posts: 18,075
    How did that JB weld repair hold up?

• BeggerBegger Posts: 366
    Dupli-Color makes ENGINE paints in quite a number of OEM and other shades.
    Ford Green or Hunter Green may EITHER be a decent match and if it'll take engine block heat, might also pass muster on an egg.    Prep would be KEY.

Gotta AGree with Ragtop.   I've had AWFUL luck with Ford products.  My Taurus, for example, used OVER 1qt per thousand miles and Ford called it NORMAL!    My '83 Accord didnt' use a TOTAL of 1qt in OVER 200,000 miles.   I shoulda' learned from my Ranger.    I could go on but wont'.  
  • johnmitchelljohnmitchell Posts: 2,982
    Awesome post and congratulations on a job well done..
    Greensboro North Carolina
    When in doubt Accelerate....
  • THEBuckeyeTHEBuckeye Posts: 2,447
    edited April 2015
     A true labor of love. You will smile thinking of  your Dad and Denberg every time you fire it up.
    Suwanee, GA
    UNDISPUTED NATIONAL CHAMPIONS! 
  • YukonRonYukonRon Posts: 2,857
    You are what is right with this country. You sir are a great human being and a great American.
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • LmidkiffLmidkiff Posts: 396
    Thanks for posting this journey!

McKinney, TX
  • st¡kest¡ke Posts: 177
    Nice stuff. Great story. 

Great way to honor your friend. 

I don't think you will have much trouble with the paint, but you could always decide to use it for 'Q or baking or lower temp stuff. 

and get another BGE, if you had to, I mean 
  • Ozzie_IsaacOzzie_Isaac Posts: 3,755
    edited April 2015
    If it is worth doing, it is worth overdoing.

XL, Medium, Minimax, Blackstone Griddle
  • Fireman_JoeFireman_Joe Posts: 296
    Nice story, Nice job !
    Key Largo,Florida  
    2-LBGE, High Que grates, Kick Ash Baskets, SmokeWear Caps, Adjustable Rig, Woo, Stoker II, Amaz-n-smoker, Thermapen, Rockwood charcoal
    Mini Max, No accessories yet !

Gambrills,Maryland
    2-LBGE, same accessories as in Florida