Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope everyone enjoyed their Fourth of July weekend and is excited for more warm weather grilling! This week, we’ll be making these two burgers: Stuffed Portobello Mushroom and Caribbean Chicken, and also eating lots of these Ice Cream Sandwiches in honor of National Ice Cream Month! It's time to think about getting out to one of the many #EGGfests around the country - see a list here

Steak Cook Temps & Cook Times

I got my egg back in September and I have had pretty good success with a variety of different things so far.

Steaks, burgers, rack of lamb, pork butts, pizza and cedar plank salmon.

We eat steak pretty often and I am still learning the cook times etc of certain steaks on my egg.  i.e. We have some fairly thin NY Strip steaks and I have found that if I get the Egg up to 700 or higher, a minute on each side gives me the perfect temp.  I cook all my steaks rare to medium rare.

I have had similar luck with thicker rib eyes doing them at about 2 1/2 minutes on each side, but I struggled with Filets the other day getting the temp right.

So, I was wondering if anyone has a chart or basic grill temps that they cook different cuts of beef and cook times etc.  I am starting to make a chart for me so that I don't need as much trial and error, but if anyone out there has already suffered through the trial and error I'd like to avoid it if possible.

Comments