Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope everyone’s enjoying the first few days of summer. For us, the weather heating up means one thing - the EGG’s gonna be busy! Whether you’re making stuffed burgers for a backyard grill out, some brats before a baseball game or searing a steak for dinner on the patio, we hope you’re doing it with full flavor and having fun all the while!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Wings

Cooked some wings tonight, raised direct at 375, with some of our special spice mix and a little corn starch.  I cooked them more than an hour to make sure they were done enough for my wife, well they are, but too well done for me.  I am going to have to start to learn to take my meat off early.  Here is a picture of the final product.  Thanks for all the info on how to cook wings on the egg, helped me out a ton.
RobLarge BGE, Merritt Island, (Space Coast of Florida)

Boiler UP
·

Comments

• Chris_WangChris_Wang Posts: 1,253
    edited October 2013
    Nice

Ball Ground, GA

ATL Sports Homer

·
  • Ragtop99Ragtop99 Posts: 1,351
    Looks like you used the zero gravity recipe. ;)

Cooking on an XL and Medium in Bethesda, MD.
    ·
  • Hungry JoeHungry Joe Posts: 1,161
    Wings look tasty. BTW how do you get them to stick to the plate like that?
    ·
  • ScottborasjrScottborasjr Posts: 2,744
    Nothing wrong with using a zero gravity recipe. Do you have a thermapen? That will help you immensely in getting temps exactly right for both you and your lady. I'm assuming you were cooking indirect because at that temp I can have a nice crispy wing direct in 25-30 minutes.

I raise my kids, cook and golf.  When work gets in the way I'm pissed, I'm pissed off 48 weeks a year.
    Inbetween Iowa and Colorado, not close to anything remotely entertaining outside of football season. 
    ·
  • NibbleMeThisNibbleMeThis Posts: 2,254
    I only go an hour if I'm cooking indirect.   For direct with a raised grid it's more like 30-40 minutes.

Good news is that wings are pretty forgiving even when slightly overcooked :)

Knoxville, TN
    ·