Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Kansas City BBQ Tri Tip

Options
TUTTLE871
TUTTLE871 Posts: 1,316
edited October 2013 in EggHead Forum
So I have to admit I am addicted to Trader Joes and I can't stop eating the different versions of there TrI Tip. Well on Monday I got the KC BBQ version (Last one was the Santa Maria Tri). 

Did 225 Indirect till I got 110 Internal. Took off the meat and set it aside, removed place setter and applied spider and dropped grate. Got egg up to around 600 and seared both sides For about 90 Sec. Let it rest for about 10 Min and finished up my mushrooms and asparagus risotto.

I can say the KC BBQ was by far the best, I think they have one more version and will let everyone know.

"Hold my beer and watch this S##T!"

LARGE BGE DALLAS TX.

Comments

• TexanOfTheNorth
    Options
    Nice work Tuttle!
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Well, "spa-Peggy" is kind of like spaghetti. I'm not sure what Peggy does different, if anything. But it's the one dish she's kind of made her own.
    edited October 2013
    Options

"Hi. My name is Tuttle and I am addicted to Trader Joes."

Warning, if you start to claim loving IN and OUT, you are gonna have to turn over your Texas citizenship and join those crazy Kaleefornians. :))

But the tri-tip does look good. Nice job.

Rowlett, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings

• TUTTLE871
    edited October 2013
    Options
    Griffin said:

"Hi. My name is Tuttle and I am addicted to Trader Joes."

Warning, if you start to claim loving IN and OUT, you are gonna have to turn over your Texas citizenship and join those crazy Kaleefornians. :))

But the tri-tip does look good. Nice job.

I do like IN and Out also. I have to admit I did live out Kalifornia at one point of my life. But I came back to my roots.

LARGE BGE DALLAS TX.

• berndcrisp
    berndcrisp Posts: 1,166
    Options
    Thanks for sharing Tuttle.

Wasn't Tuttle the name of the guy in BRAZIL?
    Hood Stars, Wrist Crowns and Obsession Dobs!

• TUTTLE871
    edited October 2013
    Options
    Thanks for sharing Tuttle. Wasn't Tuttle the name of the guy in BRAZIL?

Yep, and for all the folks who watched MASH he was the Captain that BJ and Hawkye made up. 

If Hawkye ever got in trouble he would say "Tuttle Did it"

LARGE BGE DALLAS TX.

• SmokeyPitt
    SmokeyPitt Posts: 10,490
    Options
    Looks good!  I didn't know they offered that at TJ.  I will have to check it out.  Do you recall the price per lb? 

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

• TUTTLE871
    Options
    Looks good!  I didn't know they offered that at TJ.  I will have to check it out.  Do you recall the price per lb? 

$1.20 Per LB. That one there was 6.5LBS

LARGE BGE DALLAS TX.

• SmokeyPitt
    SmokeyPitt Posts: 10,490
    Options
    Say whaaaaaaaaat???
    TUTTLE871 said:

$1.20 Per LB. That one there was 6.5LBS

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg.