Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
With winter in full gear, we’re enjoying all the awesome photos of EGGs in the cold weather. Stay warm with some of our favorite Dutch oven recipes: Chicken & Dumplings, Chili Con Carne and BLT Soup.

The Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new location and check out the museum! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Does anyone use a Vitamix for making pizza dough?

Newer EGG user and tried pizza last weekend but used pre-formed pizza shells from the local grocery store. It was OK, but I'd like to try my own. I realize I can make it by hand but was curious if anyone of you used a Vitamix. Thanks in advance.
Cherry Hill, NJ
·

Comments

• yzziyzzi Posts: 1,793
    Interested in this one too since my wife just picked up the dry blade accessory from costco last night. 
    Dunedin, FL
    ·
  • EggcelsiorEggcelsior Posts: 10,225
    I use my food processor to make dough quite well, so a vitamix should work fine. There are a multitude of recipes via google.

I use this recipe for dough.
    ·
  • DredgerDredger Posts: 204
    +1 for the food processor. I have also used my stand mixer and also a bread machine. Just remove it before the baking starts.
    Large BGE
    Greenville, SC
    ·
  • six_eggsix_egg Posts: 600
    +1 for bread machine.

XLBGE, LBGE growing accessories.

Want: Ceramicgrillworks 2 tier large, Dutch oven, Cyber Q Wifi

Grenada, MS

·
  • I use my food processor to make dough quite well, so a vitamix should work fine. There are a multitude of recipes via google.

I use this recipe for dough.
    Appreciate the link, very interesting and totally answers my question. Thank you!
    Cherry Hill, NJ
    ·
  • SkinnyVSkinnyV Posts: 2,296
    edited October 2013
    I've tried in the blendtec....really not a whole lot of room. Use a mixer or your hands IMO.
    Seattle, WA
    ·
  • Stand mixer or by hand is my opinion. It's just too small and difficult to get everything out when trying to make dough in the Vitamix. My wife makes oatmeal pancake batter in the Vitamix that is delicious though.

I have said that Texas is a state of mind, but I think it is more than that. It is a mystique closely approximating a religion. - John Steinbeck

Katy, Texas

·
  • MaskedMarvelMaskedMarvel Posts: 1,151
    Will try food processor dough tomorrow - thanks for the tip.
    Large BGE -- Greensboro!

·