Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It’s that time of year again-time to hop on out to your backyard for an EGG hunt. If you’re lucky, you’ll only have to search as far as your patio! Planning on cooking Easter Sunday? Check out our Easter Menu. If you’re looking for a sweet treat to enjoy with the whole family, try at least one of our sweet treats, if not both: Grilled Peeps & Carrot Cupcakes. Lastly, if you’re having company, our Pinterest page has lots of ideas for entertaining. We hope you have an EGGstra tasty holiday!

The Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new location and check out the museum! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Pork Chops, Asparagus and Sun Dried Tomatoes.

Nice chops, dusted with Bone Sucking Sauce, asparagus marinated in watered down salad dressing, and sun dried tomatoes.

Chops done direct, raised grid at 400 until the internal was 130.  Asparagus done direct at 350 for a few minutes.

Wish my camera would take lower light level pic, so you could see the nice glow of the lump.

Pasquali Luciano
Buon appetito to all the BGE family
XLBGE, LBGE, MBGE and lots of toys

·

Comments

• Great meal! 2 quick questions:

1. Are the clips you used for the Asparagus a BGE eggcessory or other?

2. You said you used a raised grid, how was this accomplished?

I just got my egg last week so still on the learning curve. Thanks so much, looking forward to trying this recipe!

Chris
    Chris
    St. Louis, MO
    LBGE + cedar table
    ·
  • DMWDMW Posts: 5,846
    Nice, I need to get some chops cut thick like that. What are you using to hold the asparagus? Those look great. I usually use 2 skewers and find it a bit of a pain to flip them. That looks like the trick.
    My Facebook Place where I document my cooking
    Morgantown, PA
    XL BGE - S BGE - Blackstone Pizza Oven - 30" Steel Fire Pit w/Cooking Grid - Hasty Bake Legacy - KJ Jr - Gasser
    ·
  • Doc_EggertonDoc_Eggerton Posts: 4,193
    edited October 2013
    Great meal! 2 quick questions:

1. Are the clips you used for the Asparagus a BGE eggcessory or other?

2. You said you used a raised grid, how was this accomplished?

I just got my egg last week so still on the learning curve. Thanks so much, looking forward to trying this recipe!

Chris
    The clips were purchased from Williams Sonoma.

You can raise the grid with bricks along the fire ring, by putting bricks on the grid and using a smaller Webber grid, or a dozen other ways.  I use a Ceramic Grill Store WOO.  I think that is a nice clean way to do it.
    Pasquali Luciano

·
  • Doc_EggertonDoc_Eggerton Posts: 4,193

DMW said:
    Nice, I need to get some chops cut thick like that. What are you using to hold the asparagus? Those look great. I usually use 2 skewers and find it a bit of a pain to flip them. That looks like the trick.
    Williams Sonoma.  Takes two per serving.
    Pasquali Luciano

·