Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We’re feeling pretty super, how about you? The big game is fast approaching, and while we love football, we love an excuse to invite people over and cook even more! You too can cook like a champion with recipes from Dr. BBQ’s NFL Gameday Cookbook: Grilled Tuna Sandwiches from Seattle and Baked Brie from New England. Who’s going to win? You’ll have to cook both to find out.

The 17th Annual EGGtoberfest was amazing - here are the highlights Click Here

What do you do for a living?

Comments

• Village IdiotVillage Idiot Posts: 6,947
    edited October 2013
    I thought they "moved" the Chicken Ranch to Nevada?
    No, they moved it to Dallas (appropriately) and opened a restaurant.  It closed within a year.
    Who would want to eat food from the Chicken Ranch?  Ewwwwww!

Dripping Springs, Texas.
    Gateway to the Hill Country

·
  • I heard their specialty was fish tacos & kielbasa in a bed of lettuce.

........................................................................................

Flint, Michigan.  Named the most dangerous city in America by the F.B.I. three years running.

·
  • I heard their specialty was fish tacos & kielbasa in a bed of lettuce.

Screen Shot 2013-10-08 at 10.26.57 AM.png
    390 x 304 - 169K

Dripping Springs, Texas.
    Gateway to the Hill Country

·
  • Little StevenLittle Steven Posts: 26,925
    I wanna go home with the armadillo
    good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
    The friendliest people and the purtiest women you've ever seen

Jerry Jeff?

Steve 

Caledon, ON

·
  • I wanna go home with the armadillo
    good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
    The friendliest people and the purtiest women you've ever seen

Jerry Jeff?
    Gary P. Nunn but Jerry Jeff made it famous

·
    Couldn't remember if he wrote it. Seem to remember it on the Viva Terlingua album.

Steve 

Caledon, ON

·
  • I am a bugar chaser and suck snot as a living being a Respiratory Therapist
    ·
  • Couldn't remember if he wrote it. Seem to remember it on the Viva Terlingua album.
    Gray P Nunn has a ton of song credits to his name. He's one of those guys that never made it big performing outside of TX but if you look at his songwriting credits and discography, it's impressive. 

He and JJW are buddies so JJW has recorded several of his songs

·

Since you do this for a living, you should know its spelled BOOGER. BUGAR must be the French spelling. They're always adding "U"s.

........................................................................................

Flint, Michigan.  Named the most dangerous city in America by the F.B.I. three years running.

·
    Couldn't remember if he wrote it. Seem to remember it on the Viva Terlingua album.
    Gray P Nunn has a ton of song credits to his name. He's one of those guys that never made it big performing outside of TX but if you look at his songwriting credits and discography, it's impressive. 

I've seen him play with Jerry Jeff. He was in the Lost Gonzo Band.

Steve 

Caledon, ON

·
  • Think tank guru for professional criminals.
    Hood Stars, Wrist Crowns and Obsession Dobs!

·
  • drilling consultant

Clyde Texas
    ·
  • Couldn't remember if he wrote it. Seem to remember it on the Viva Terlingua album.

I've seen him play with Jerry Jeff. He was in the Lost Gonzo Band.
    Yep- he is very well known and well traveled around these parts

·
    I'm talking early seventies in Toronto. Remember he toured a couple of times with David Bromberg (JJW)

Steve 

Caledon, ON

·
  • I'm talking early seventies in Toronto. Remember he toured a couple of times with David Bromberg (JJW)
    That would be right around the time he was at his biggest and people were cutting his songs like crazy. he's always toured off and on with JJW. They are tight.

·
  • Training consultant for the inland towing industry.
    ·
  • warwomanwarwoman Posts: 200

We moved to the Georgia mountains from Texas 12 years ago, after the company I worked 30 years for went out of business. We started over and never looked back. I started my own company, selling all types of window treatments, along with installing draperies and such for high end designers working on 2nd and 3rd homes "up the mountain". Having fun!

From the Georgia Mountains!
    ·
  • TerrebanditTerrebandit Posts: 1,171
    Got the best job in the world and nearing retirement.
    Dave - Austin, TX
    ·
  • Firefighter in Milwaukee
    ·
  • I teach high school math. So of course I have become obsessed with minimizing the median deviation from my target temperature!
    Chris
    St. Louis, MO
    LBGE + cedar table
    ·

Since you do this for a living, you should know its spelled BOOGER. BUGAR must be the French spelling. They're always adding "U"s.
    Hey I apologize. I was a little under the influence with
    image.jpg
    2592 x 1936 - 2M
    ·

Hey I apologize. I was a little under the influence with
    Don't be silly. There's nothing to apologize for. Is that good scotch? I'm a beer & bourbon guy, but every once in a while, I'll break out some Famous Grouse.

·
  • demodemo Posts: 143
    New Home Sales, east coast of FL.
    ·
  • SaltySamSaltySam Posts: 364
    Don't be silly. There's nothing to apologize for. Is that good scotch? I'm a beer & bourbon guy, but every once in a while, I'll break out some Famous Grouse.

Ahhh, the Grouse.  I know this response would be better suited for the thread from the other day, but since you mentioned the Grouse it reminds me of my dumbest drunk moment.  Unfortunately it was an international incident.

We were in Greenock, Scotland, visiting my buddy's aunt.  We'd been drinking Tennet's all morning and decided to go out to watch a soccer match at a local pub.  I wobbled up to the bar and asked the bartender "What's a good scotch?"  He responded, "Eh?" 

"Scotch whiskey.  What's a good one?"

"You're in Scotland, mate.  We just call it whiskey."  

I asked for a good scotch...in Scotland.  It's the equivalent of asking "What's a good American?" at a bar in the States. 

Oh, and I'm former military, which is why I was in the UK at the time.  Now I'm part-time Air National Guard, and am a contractor/flight instructor for the Air Force .  Furloughed from both!

LBGE since June 2012

Omaha, NE

·
    My family hails from Greenock

Steve 

Caledon, ON

·
  • pkaboo1pkaboo1 Posts: 111

Retired  2005 from the R/R. After 30 yrs of operating  trains.

Now I EGG.

Snellville,Ga.
    ·
  • SaltySamSaltySam Posts: 364

What a wonderful place.  I imagine you've visited?

LBGE since June 2012

Omaha, NE

·
  • Scott805Scott805 Posts: 171
    Petroleum Landman - Dallas, TX, but grew up in Norman, OK!

Large BGE, 2 Tier Adjustable Swing Rack System, three (3) bricks from Home Depot for raised direct - Finally have a decent table!

Dallas, TX

·
  • Licensed home energy auditor. Inspections/Audits to get home Energy star rated.
    ·
    SaltySam said:

What a wonderful place.  I imagine you've visited?
    No I have not. No known family there anymore. It was shipbuilding only when my grandparents left. I do want to go to Scotland in the next few years. My maternal gran was from Stirlingshire.

Steve 

Caledon, ON

·