Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Who’s ready for football and tailgating? We are! Check out our tailgating page for recipes that are great to bring to a tailgate, or cook at home if you’re entertaining friends during a game. If you need an easy breakfast recipe, these Sticky Buns are the way to go. If you’re looking for a fan favorite with bacon, try these Double Pork Sliders. We can’t wait to kick off another fall full of tasty food!

Coming to Atlanta for EGGtoberfest? Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340 - NOTE we are CLOSED on Saturday OCT 10th for EGGtoberfest.

First Post - Some Recent Cooks

EggonLIEggonLI Posts: 7
edited October 2013 in EggHead Forum
Hello All.  First post here.

Picked up an XL in the spring after moving from the city to the suburbs.  Thought I'd share a few cooks. I figure pics speak best.

Chuck Roast - Smoked over Hickory and Cherry, then Pulled
Rib Steak - Seared at 700 F
Apple Wood Spatchcock Turkey
Smoked Brisket - Just Pic of the point
Peppers, Chicken, Brussels Sprouts
Ropa Vieja & Smoked Turkey Breast
More Brisket
Beef Short Ribs
etc etc etc

Good Times.

• calikingcaliking Posts: 7,229
    Oh wow! That's a beautiful photo collage. Welcome to the fold :)

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • wow it looks like your well on your way keep Egging !!!!!
    2 Large Eggs and a Mini 2 Pit Bulls and a Pork shoulder or butt nearby and 100% SICILIAN
    Long Island N.Y.
  • RACRAC Posts: 1,550
    Welcome aboard!

Boerne, TX

• DMWDMW Posts: 7,478
    Nice, welcome, I got my XL in April and have been having a blast, egging as often as possible.
    My Facebook Place where I document my cooking
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - Hasty Bake Legacy - Black Stone Pizza Oven - Gasser - 30" Firepit w/SS Cooking Grid
  • SmokeyPittSmokeyPitt Posts: 7,310
    Awesome looking grub.  Welcome aboard! 

Do you have a favorite out of all those cooks?  I think my favorite pic is the last one.  That cross section of smoked shortie rib looks too good! 

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

• Chris_WangChris_Wang Posts: 1,253
    Everything looks really good

Ball Ground, GA

ATL Sports Homer

• henapplehenapple Posts: 14,804
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • Thanks all. Favorite cooks have to be the two briskets. Both came out very good, better than 90% of BBQ restaurants in NY. Looking forward to many more cooks and learning from these forums.