Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
April showers bring...National BBQ Month! Are you ready for a month full of briskets, pulled pork and chicken wings? We hope so, because it’s almost here! Keep an eye out for some of our favorite BBQ recipes we’ll be sharing with you throughout the month of May.

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Yes That's a Glazed Doughnut Bacon Cheeseburger!

This glazed bacon cheeseburger is disgustingly awesome!  Seriously

My wife and I made these at the Midwest Eggfest a few weeks back and people really dug them.  I know it doesn't sound right but you have to try it.  If you plan on making them buy the doughnuts a day or two prior.  The doughnut will stiffen up and will work better. (Still keep in the packaging or wrapper)  We seasoned the burgers with Dizzy Dust which complimented everything just right.  Cut the doughnut in half like a bun and toss them on the egg for the last 30 seconds of the cook.  Watch the doughnuts closely because they get toasted quick!  When putting the burger together make sure you put the outside of the doughnut inside.  Makes the burger much easier to handle and not get glaze everywhere.   Visually looks better with the grill marks! 

Don't recommend them at every meal but one won't kill ya.  

·

Comments

• Monday, October 7th. 6:21pm.

The others have noticed.
    +++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    Austin, Texas.  I'm the guy holding a beer.
    ·
  • Monday, October 7th. 6:21pm.

The others have noticed.

Ps - looks fantastic. :)
    +++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    Austin, Texas.  I'm the guy holding a beer.
    ·
  • paqmanpaqman Posts: 1,604

Monday, October 7th. 6:21pm.

The others have noticed.

8:48 pm +1

Thanks guys!
    ·
  • SmokeyPittSmokeyPitt Posts: 6,023
    Did you ever know that you're my heeeeeeee-rooooooooooo??

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

·
  • Oh my goodness . . .  sweet and salty heaven.  =P~
    I'm Kristi ~ Live in FL ~ BGE since 2003.
    I write about food & travel on Necessary Indulgences -
    You can find me on Facebook & Instagram, too! 
    ·
  • vidalia1vidalia1 Posts: 7,091
    We have made these several times before and they are always a huge hit...
    ·
  • WeberWho?WeberWho? Posts: 1,596

Did you ever know that you're my heeeeeeee-rooooooooooo??

If I'm a hero, she or he is the real Superman! :))
    ·