Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We’re feeling pretty super, how about you? The big game is fast approaching, and while we love football, we love an excuse to invite people over and cook even more! You too can cook like a champion with recipes from Dr. BBQ’s NFL Gameday Cookbook: Grilled Tuna Sandwiches from Seattle and Baked Brie from New England. Who’s going to win? You’ll have to cook both to find out.

The 17th Annual EGGtoberfest was amazing - here are the highlights Click Here

Kobe (wagyu) beef. New York Strips (Pics)

Hello All! I'm a long time lurker and this is my first post. I was at my local butcher and noticed that they had Kobe New York Strips. I had the butcher cut two at 1.5 inches thick. After searching this forum for cooking methods I decided to get the egg as hot as possible, sear the steaks, and then close the egg up. I estimate my searing temp to be north of 800 because every time I closed the lids the temperature gauge shot up past 800. :)

I seasoned the steaks with EVOO, salt, and pepper and I ended up searing the steaks for 90 seconds per side and rotating 90 degrees after 45 seconds. This was my first high temp cook. I have a large Big Green Egg that I got for my birthday in August. I also used the cast iron grate on top of the firebox ring.

While the egg was heating up I cooked two foil packages. One with asapargus, EVOO, salt pepper, and cheese. The other package had pumpkin with butter and brown sugar. I estimate these foil packages cooked for about 12 - 15 minutes. I also made twice baked potato and sauteed mushrooms.

Pictures as promised:

Anchorage, AK

Comments