Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Why no App?

BGE needs and iPad app!
XL BGE

Comments

• fadax
    fadax Posts: 32
    YES !!! I hope ! Fausto
    Milano-ITALY
  • EagleIII
    EagleIII Posts: 415

Hey, us Droid types need one too!!!

• Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,674
    Why?
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• Mickey
    Ragtop99   +1
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• sumoconnell
    sumoconnell Posts: 1,932
    Go to the play store, search "Vanilla".  Looks sassy, music, movies... Ermahgerd.  I want an ice cream suit.

Vanilla is an open-source forum, and no one has developed an app for it (yet).  More popular forum software (vBulletin) have tapatalk, etc.
    +++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    Austin, Texas.  I'm the guy holding a beer.
  • jtippers
    jtippers Posts: 512
    +1
    SBGE December 2012 •  XLBGE December 2013 •  Yoder YS640 July

• Seanr7
    Seanr7 Posts: 207
    I have a military grade case protecting my iPad, it won't break very easy. It would be nice to have a handy app for when I'm outside.
    XL BGE
  • Mickey
    I am missing something here. I get this and the older forum on my iPad / iPhone / Mac.... What other are you looking for?

• henapple
    henapple Posts: 16,025
    Damn, I drink my fair share... Dont need an app.
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • Seanr7
    Seanr7 Posts: 207
    I'd rather have an app, yes I have an iPad that I can get on. Well developed apps are usually easier to navigate then is a web page
    XL BGE
  • The default mobile site is super easy to navigate.... It is almost app-like  3:-O

P.S.
    @mickey has a mean back hand 
    b-(

XLBGE 
  • Chris_Wang
    Chris_Wang Posts: 1,254
    I don't like how you have to wait for the screen to load before scrolling down. If you prematurely scroll, when you take your thumb off, you are taking a trip back to the top of the page.

Also, if you go back, you go back to the top of the page you were just on. I want to go back to where I was, not to the top of the page.

An app may or may not fix that.

Ball Ground, GA

ATL Sports Homer

• Tjcoley
    Tjcoley Posts: 3,551
    I tried making an iPad App one night after being over served. Smeared it with cream cheese and jalapeños, wrapped it in bacon, sprinkled it with DP and put it on the Egg at 450 indirect. Didn't quite turn out as planned. I'd post pics, but as I was taking them, dropped my iPhone into the fire.
    Probably!
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Well, "spa-Peggy" is kind of like spaghetti. I'm not sure what Peggy does different, if anything. But it's the one dish she's kind of made her own.
    No apps.
    Dunedin, FL
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,734
    dont think that i will ever understand this
    :)) started carrying a cell phone 2 years ago, its in my pocket, its turned off unless i need to make a call. if my truck wasnt 25 years old i wouldnt have it at all
    :D
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • Mickey
    dont think that i will ever understand this
    :)) started carrying a cell phone 2 years ago, its in my pocket, its turned off unless i need to make a call. if my truck wasnt 25 years old i wouldnt have it at all
    :D
    I think I have found the reason I have liked you for years my friend.