Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Hop on down to your nearest EGG dealer this week to pick up some Easter EGGcessories! Here are a few that may be useful for Easter, the V-rack, electric charcoal lighter and flexible skewers! Now that Spring is in the air, it's time to think about getting out to one of the many #EGGfests around the country - see a list here

Kobe (wagyu) beef. New York Strips (Pics)

Hello All! I'm a long time lurker and this is my first post. I was at my local butcher and noticed that they had Kobe New York Strips. I had the butcher cut two at 1.5 inches thick. After searching this forum for cooking methods I decided to get the egg as hot as possible, sear the steaks, and then close the egg up. I estimate my searing temp to be north of 800 because every time I closed the lids the temperature gauge shot up past 800. :)

I seasoned the steaks with EVOO, salt, and pepper and I ended up searing the steaks for 90 seconds per side and rotating 90 degrees after 45 seconds. This was my first high temp cook. I have a large Big Green Egg that I got for my birthday in August. I also used the cast iron grate on top of the firebox ring.

While the egg was heating up I cooked two foil packages. One with asapargus, EVOO, salt pepper, and cheese. The other package had pumpkin with butter and brown sugar. I estimate these foil packages cooked for about 12 - 15 minutes. I also made twice baked potato and sauteed mushrooms.

Pictures as promised:

Anchorage, AK

Comments