Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It feels as though we’ve waited forever for college football to start, and finally the wait is over! Check out our tailgating page for recipes that are sure to become fan favorites. As an added bonus, the day before Labor Day is National Bacon Day and we don’t know about you, but we like putting bacon on anything and everything, so we’ll definitely be celebrating that. It's time to think about getting out to one of the many #EGGfests around the country - see a list here

Brisket and Burnt Ends Cook (from Serious Barbecue cookbook) with pics!

bicktravbicktrav Posts: 448
edited September 2013 in EggHead Forum
Over the weekend, I bought a brisket and used the brisket recipe from Adam Perry Lang's Serious Barbecue cookbook.  It's ridiculously involved with several steps.  You start by covering the brisket with a paste, then a seasoning, then you smoke it for a hours, then pull it and put it in foil with a wrapping mixture, then spray it every hour with apple juice spray, then make your own finishing sauce (basically a homemade bbq sauce)... you get the idea.  Anyway, it came out just unbelievably well.  Best brisket I've ever had.  Honestly, can't recommend this recipe enough.  I reserved the tips to do another recipe from his book called Burnt Ends with Melting Garlic.  It basically involves cooking the ends again, then letting them soak in a sauce made of slow-simmered garlic cloves in olive oil and spices.  Surprising though it was, this recipe was even better than the first.  I've never cooked anything close to this good.  Literally.  It was one of the best pieces of meat I've tasted.  Anyway, here are some photos.  First is of the brisket in the egg, then the finishing sauce, and two shots of the Burnt Ends recipe.  In the second shot you can see the final product as compared to the photo from the Serious Barbecue cookbook (which is placed just below the pan for juxtaposition).  Highly recommend trying these recipes if you've got the cookbook.  If you don't, highly recommend getting the cookbook!

Southern California

Comments