Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope you had a hoppy Easter and are ready to spring into warm weather cooking mode! There’s nothing better than spending time outdoors with the sweet aroma of fresh cooked Ribs. Baseball season is also underway, so it's the perfect time to try out some chicken wing variations! We have Jamaican Jerk, Lemon Pepper, Fired-Up Wings and even a Whiskey Onion and Chicken Steak if wings aren't your thing. Bon appetit!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Eggtoberfest Stone Mountain, GA

Hey All,
I am going to my first Eggtoberfest in Stonemountain, GA and wanted any tips from folks who have gone before.  I am going to learn some stuff and of course get some good eating.  I may take the family or maybe my buddy but either way I will be there.  So please any helpful tips for a newbie will be greatly appreciated!!

·

Comments

• Richard FlRichard Fl Posts: 7,806
    Make sure you have tickets in hand, there is not a walk up window for the fest like Disney World.
    ·
  • ZZNupeZZNupe Posts: 14
    Yep got my tickets the day they started selling!!
    ·
  • vidalia1vidalia1 Posts: 7,091
    Come hungry.....
    ·
  • vidalia1 said:
    Come hungry.....
    I'm not going to get there until 11:45am / 12:00pm due to an early AM commitment, will there still be food left?  (First Eggfest obviously :-) )
    Peachtree Corners, GA. Large BGE
    ·
  • blueinatlblueinatl Posts: 93
    edited October 2013
    Deleting the duplicate post.  Very odd.
    Peachtree Corners, GA. Large BGE
    ·
  • @blue--they don't officially shut down eggs until 3 pm.  While things might slow down a little after 2:00 or so, most cooks are preparing and putting out food on a regular basis, so hopefully you will be fine.
    ·
  • @blueinatl -- Yes, there will be plenty of food, so like @vidalia1 said. . . come hungry!  See you there! 

Just a warning:  they are addictive! :D 
    I'm Kristi ~ Live in FL ~ BGE since 2003.
    I write about food & travel on Necessary Indulgences -
    You can find me on Facebook & Instagram, too! 
    ·
  • Hey I have a question will I be able to smoke a cigar while Im cooking this is also my 1st Egg event
    2 Large Eggs and a Mini 2 Pit Bulls and a Pork shoulder or butt nearby and 100% SICILIAN
    Long Island N.Y.
    ·
  • @charles--never heard that question before.  But, with 150 smoking eggs, you should have some existing natural camo if you do light up a cigar, right?
    ·
  • thats what I was thinking I would think as long as my egg is closed their should be no problem you food contamanation 

2 Large Eggs and a Mini 2 Pit Bulls and a Pork shoulder or butt nearby and 100% SICILIAN
    Long Island N.Y.
    ·
  • YEMTreyYEMTrey Posts: 2,188
    Who is going to be the photog to document this event?
    XL BGE and Mini Max in Cincinnati, Ohio
    "REMEMBER DUANE ALLMAN"
    ·
  • JRWhiteeJRWhitee Posts: 2,583
    We smoked some cigars last year, no problem.

Large BGE 2006, Mini Max 2014 
    Founding Member of the Green Man Group cooking team.
    Johns Creek, Georgia

·
  • vidalia1vidalia1 Posts: 7,091
    If you go into a restaurant and see the chef smoking cigarettes or cigars what would you think??? I for one would think no food safety & leave....
    ·
  • Had not thought about the food safety aspect--V1 makes a good point.  Maybe better to not light up while preparing food. 

·
  • JRWhiteeJRWhitee Posts: 2,583
    I should have been more clear, not while we were cooking.

Large BGE 2006, Mini Max 2014 
    Founding Member of the Green Man Group cooking team.
    Johns Creek, Georgia

·