Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Who’s ready for football and tailgating? We are! Check out our tailgating page for recipes that are great to bring to a tailgate, or cook at home if you’re entertaining friends during a game. If you need an easy breakfast recipe, these Sticky Buns are the way to go. If you’re looking for a fan favorite with bacon, try these Double Pork Sliders. We can’t wait to kick off another fall full of tasty food!

Coming to Atlanta for EGGtoberfest? Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340 - NOTE we are CLOSED on Saturday OCT 10th for EGGtoberfest.

• jlsmjlsm Posts: 865
    Great information. Thanks! 
    Owner of a large and a beloved mini in Philadelphia
  • gdenbygdenby Posts: 4,700
    Thanks for the link. I wondered what value added might mean. I see that it means ribs pre-trimmed in various ways. Must admit, of what they offer, I've only ever heard of St. Louis style. Colorado, NYC style, etc, nope. I wonder why some cuts are from somewhat heavier than average slabs, and other lighter.

There are so many cuts, known by so many names. I'm often bewildered.  A few days ago, I came across a reference to a "pork brisket" cut. Described as a small portion of the picnic and the spare section left together. Wish there was a tutorial showing a carcass. Cut like so, its called a picnic. Cut this, its called spare ribs. Cut in between the 2, its called a brisket, and is really good to cook this way...

• TonyATonyA Posts: 566
    I know that nice even cook is in the STL but I think I prefer a Carolina or a Colorado.
  • The type ribs I prefer over all others, are called commodity ribs in our local business Costco This type of rib has nothing cut off and weighs about 5 1/2 pounds per rack The commodity ribs are always the lowest price
  • jtippersjtippers Posts: 512
    Good information... Thanks for sharing!
    SBGE December 2012 •  XLBGE December 2013 •  Yoder YS640 July