Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Are you happy it’s finally National BBQ Month? While we like to BBQ year round, May is our favorite because the whole country is celebrating delicious food. If you’re new to cooking BBQ on your EGG, check out our Smoking Basics Publication...if not, proceed to some of our favorite recipes! We love Dr. BBQ’s Coffee Rubbed Brisket, Famous Dave’s Sticky Ribs and Virginia Willis’ Pulled Pork. Pair with this cheesy favorite for a winning way to start off May!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Comments

• jlsmjlsm Posts: 843
    Great information. Thanks! 
    Owner of a large and a beloved mini in Philadelphia
    ·
  • gdenbygdenby Posts: 4,423
    Thanks for the link. I wondered what value added might mean. I see that it means ribs pre-trimmed in various ways. Must admit, of what they offer, I've only ever heard of St. Louis style. Colorado, NYC style, etc, nope. I wonder why some cuts are from somewhat heavier than average slabs, and other lighter.

There are so many cuts, known by so many names. I'm often bewildered.  A few days ago, I came across a reference to a "pork brisket" cut. Described as a small portion of the picnic and the spare section left together. Wish there was a tutorial showing a carcass. Cut like so, its called a picnic. Cut this, its called spare ribs. Cut in between the 2, its called a brisket, and is really good to cook this way...

·
  • TonyATonyA Posts: 563
    I know that nice even cook is in the STL but I think I prefer a Carolina or a Colorado.
    ·
  • The type ribs I prefer over all others, are called commodity ribs in our local business Costco This type of rib has nothing cut off and weighs about 5 1/2 pounds per rack The commodity ribs are always the lowest price
    ·
  • jtippersjtippers Posts: 510
    Good information... Thanks for sharing!
    LBGE April 2011 • SBGE December 2012 •  XLBGE December 2013
    ·