Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Actual Location within park for Eggtoberfest?

I looked online and can't figure it out.  Someone said it is same site as Yellow Daisy Festival--but photos from that event don't help me.   Can someone who has been there tell us where on the stone mountain site map it is located (the online map is gridded by number and letter).  Just curious, saw the park is like 3200 acres, so lots of space there.

Comments

• egret
    egret Posts: 4,168
    I looked online and can't figure it out.  Someone said it is same site as Yellow Daisy Festival--but photos from that event don't help me.   Can someone who has been there tell us where on the stone mountain site map it is located (the online map is gridded by number and letter).  Just curious, saw the park is like 3200 acres, so lots of space there.
    I was having the same problem trying to find it on their online maps........
  • I went back and looked at earlier post, and it indicated eggfest would be in yellow daisy parking lot.  If that info is correct, that parking lot is the big one on the map near the sign indicating north gate exit.  Here is link to map, and you can make it larger and see that lot is labelled.

http://www.stonemountainpark.com/~/media/ParkContent/SMP_COM/Maps/PDFs/Stone%20Mountain%20Park%20-%20Overview%20Map.ashx

I saw some photos from the yellow daisy festival, and it looked like they set up ez-ups along a tree lined walking road--looked sort of nice.  But poster on other thread said eggfest will be in the actual parking lot.  If anyone gets any more detailed or confirming info, let us know.  Guess once the early week campers get there they can send us some photos and info.

• I looked at this last night and had the same question.  Maybe @vidalia1 can help us out. :D
    I'm Kristi ~ Live in FL ~ BGE since 2003.
    I write about food & travel on Necessary Indulgences.  
    You can also find me on FacebookInstagram, and Twitter.
  • Kristi, see link above, I did find the Yellow Daisy festival parking lot on the map, so now just trying to figure out if it is in the actual parking lot (ok location if ends up being wet and soggy, plus probably better for the organizers to roll 150 eggs to where they need to be), but there also is an event field right across from the parking lot--maybe nicer but not as logistical friendly.

V1 is going mid week to start camping, I think he will get us some more info.

• Chris_Wang
    Chris_Wang Posts: 1,254
    You guys have me PUMPED for next Saturday.

Ball Ground, GA

ATL Sports Homer

• Happened to look over my paperwork this weekend, and noticed printed ticket lists event as being at the "Yellow Daisy Festival parking Lot".  So, looks like it is in a parking lot, so sort of similar to the Speedway which was like that too.
  • vidalia1
    vidalia1 Posts: 7,092
    Yes Eggtoberfest will be in the Yellow Daisy parking lot...lots of room for everyone..
  • dlk7
    dlk7 Posts: 1,053
    Which entrance should we use?  Does the $40 ticket cover the entrance fee?

Two XL BGEs - So Happy!!!!

Waunakee, WI

• vidalia1

Use the main gate entrance and yes the ticket should cover your park entrance. On your ticket it states

" I understand my Eggtoberfest ticket must be presented for free entrance to Stone Mountain Park on Oct 12. You must enter from the main gate off iway 78 for free entrance".... 

• 3sheets
    3sheets Posts: 81
    The Yellow Daisy Lot is BIG. It is the lot on the map next to the Police Station.

Location 33.537588, -83.969298 (33.5 miles and 41 minutes SE of the Mothership)

• dlk7
    dlk7 Posts: 1,053
    vidalia1 said:

Use the main gate entrance and yes the ticket should cover your park entrance. On your ticket it states

" I understand my Eggtoberfest ticket must be presented for free entrance to Stone Mountain Park on Oct 12. You must enter from the main gate off iway 78 for free entrance".... 

My ticket doesn't have that verbiage on it.  Just the date, time, my name, the address, payment status "PayPal - PAID", and a QR code and number.

Thanks for the info!!!!

Two XL BGEs - So Happy!!!!

Waunakee, WI

• vidalia1
    The Yellow Daisy Festival gets 10,000-15,000 guests per day .....
  • JRWhitee
    JRWhitee Posts: 5,678
    Follow the smoke.... :-O

Johns Creek, Georgia