Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

I may not get to see freshly fallen snow....

....where I live, but I do get to see things like these.

XXL #82 out of the first 100, XLGE X 2, LBGE (gave this one to daughter 1.0) , MBGE (now in the hands of iloveagoodyoke daughter 2.0) and lots of toys

Comments

• Neat, thanks for sharing. Where do you live, or is it classified?
    Hendersonville, TN.
  • Doc_Eggerton
    Doc_Eggerton Posts: 5,321
    East coast, central Florida.

XXL #82 out of the first 100, XLGE X 2, LBGE (gave this one to daughter 1.0) , MBGE (now in the hands of iloveagoodyoke daughter 2.0) and lots of toys

• Little Steven
    Little Steven Posts: 28,817
    Must be horrible for you Doc. :)

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• So for the pineapple, do you just take the top off and put it in the ground, or do you root it and go from there?  I've had experts tell me both ways. There are pineapple plants all over our neighborhood and we would like to join the party.
  • I didn't know bananas grow in Florida did you plant them or it was there?
    2 Large Eggs and a Mini 2 Pit Bulls and a Pork shoulder or butt nearby and 100% SICILIAN
    Long Island N.Y.
  • Doc_Eggerton
    I didn't know bananas grow in Florida did you plant them or it was there?
    Planted them.  They propagate sort of like grass.  I wish we had a bigger space, they are monstrous.

• Doc_Eggerton
    flachick said:
    So for the pineapple, do you just take the top off and put it in the ground, or do you root it and go from there?  I've had experts tell me both ways. There are pineapple plants all over our neighborhood and we would like to join the party.
    We don't use roottone, we just plant the tops.

• yzzi
    yzzi Posts: 1,843
    I was just thinking about planting a banana plant. Not so for the banana as I'm really wanting some banana leaves to wrap some pork in :-)
    Dunedin, FL
  • Doc_Eggerton
    yzzi said:
    I was just thinking about planting a banana plant. Not so for the banana as I'm really wanting some banana leaves to wrap some pork in :-)
    If your temp, soil, water is good, you won't have any shortage.

• td66snrf
    td66snrf Posts: 1,821
    I'm with ya  Doc. I can't stand to throw the top off a fresh pineapple. I just stick them in the dirt, no rootone. I see you let your's go till it ripe where it falls over on the stalk. And for the snow that's something we drive a couple of hours to play in. TD in SoCal
    XLBGE, LBGE, MBGE, SMALL, MINI, 2 Kubs, Fire Magic Gasser
  • Neat. I have a place in Sebastian. Got lemons and oranges and grapefruit but no pineapple. Will be going in February for 3 months. Pineapple.. Need to try that.
  • Ragtop99
    Ragtop99 Posts: 1,570
    We recently put a pineapple top in a pot to see if will grow. 
    Cooking on an XL and Medium in Bethesda, MD.
  • caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,727
    yzzi said:
    That's exactly why we planted one this year! 

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • These are a few years old but you're welcome to print them out and put them up on your fridge  :D

imageimage
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Well, "spa-Peggy" is kind of like spaghetti. I'm not sure what Peggy does different, if anything. But it's the one dish she's kind of made her own.
    Flint, Michigan
  • Little Steven
    Little Steven Posts: 28,817
    You can give it whatever fancy name you want but to me, that's a cockroach

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• Doc_Eggerton
    You can give it whatever fancy name you want but to me, that's a cockroach

No better way to get the blood moving in the morning than to have one of those fly at you.  Completely harmless, but know of no one who won't jump three feet in the air when this start flying around.

• caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,727
    I'll take heat, humidity, roaches, and whatever over the ice and snow. Lived in Chicago and Iowa for several years and I'm done with all that. You never have to shovel sunshine off your driveway!

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.