Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
With winter in full gear, we’re enjoying all the awesome photos of EGGs in the cold weather. Stay warm with some of our favorite Dutch oven recipes: Chicken & Dumplings, Chili Con Carne and BLT Soup.

The Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new location and check out the museum! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Apple pie fries

Started with a store bought pie dough, coated it with the gel from a can of Apple Pie Filling (cooked the rest of the apples for a side for the pork tenderloin) .  Placed another pie dough on top, and sliced into 'fries'.  Brushed with egg wash and sprinkled with sugar.  On the Egg at 400 indirect, parchment paper on a pizza stone, for about 20 minutes.  Served with caramel dipping sauce, or if you want savory, they were great with Boursin Garlic and Herbs cheese spread as well.  

Comments

• CP92CP92 Posts: 186
    Bet they were good.
    Chris
    LBGE
    Laurel, MD
    ·
  • Now this is the kind of thing that would make my wife and kids very happy. Thanks for the idea.
    ·
  • jaydub58jaydub58 Posts: 1,395
    Dude, if they taste half as good as they look, they're right at the intersection of Scrumptious and Tasty in Downtown Flavorville!
    John in the Willamette Valley of Oregon
    ·
  • brianwdmnbrianwdmn Posts: 359
    OMG
    Marietta, East Cobb, GA
    ·
  • EggoMaticEggoMatic Posts: 130
    Those look really good. Nice cook!
    LBGE Virginia Beach, Virginia
    ·
  • You are the king!
    Mark Annville, PA
    ·
  • That's real strong work TJ!

........................................................................................

Flint, Michigan.  Named the most dangerous city in America by the F.B.I. three years running.

We invented the U.A.W. and carjacking!

·
  • DfishelDfishel Posts: 104
    Looks amazing!!! I can't wait to cook it.
    ·
  • bigphilbigphil Posts: 1,380
    @Tjcoley i havent been around for awhile and tonight i open this up and your post is the first i see . All i can say is WOW awesome idea and looks extremely tasty .have to do this one for the kids 
    Large Big Green Egg , XL Big Green Egg . BBQ Guru, Weber Kettle, Weber Q grill for road trips.
    ·
  • TjcoleyTjcoley Posts: 3,408
    bigphil said:
    @Tjcoley i havent been around for awhile and tonight i open this up and your post is the first i see . All i can say is WOW awesome idea and looks extremely tasty .have to do this one for the kids 

Welcome back Phil. I'd noticed you haven't posted in a while. Glad you are back and hope all is ok.
  • SkiddymarkerSkiddymarker Posts: 6,292
    What a great idea, looks incredible. Must try this. Whipping syphon adult style cream would be a great topping. 
    Delta B.C. - Vee-Gan: old Indian word for poor hunter. 
    ·
  • calikingcaliking Posts: 6,426
    I love just about anything that involves pie crust so this sounds really good! 

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
    ·
  • DMWDMW Posts: 5,420
    Looks great, kids will love this, I'm sure I will as well :)
    My Facebook Place where I document my cooking
    Morgantown, PA
    XL BGE - S BGE - Blackstone Pizza Oven - 30" Steel Fire Pit w/Cooking Grid - Hasty Bake Legacy - KJ Jr - Gasser
    ·