Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope everyone’s enjoying the first few days of summer. For us, the weather heating up means one thing - the EGG’s gonna be busy! Whether you’re making stuffed burgers for a backyard grill out, some brats before a baseball game or searing a steak for dinner on the patio, we hope you’re doing it with full flavor and having fun all the while!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Apple pie fries

Started with a store bought pie dough, coated it with the gel from a can of Apple Pie Filling (cooked the rest of the apples for a side for the pork tenderloin) .  Placed another pie dough on top, and sliced into 'fries'.  Brushed with egg wash and sprinkled with sugar.  On the Egg at 400 indirect, parchment paper on a pizza stone, for about 20 minutes.  Served with caramel dipping sauce, or if you want savory, they were great with Boursin Garlic and Herbs cheese spread as well.  

Comments

• CP92CP92 Posts: 200
    Bet they were good.
    Chris
    LBGE
    Laurel, MD
    ·
  • Now this is the kind of thing that would make my wife and kids very happy. Thanks for the idea.
    ·
  • jaydub58jaydub58 Posts: 1,615
    Dude, if they taste half as good as they look, they're right at the intersection of Scrumptious and Tasty in Downtown Flavorville!
    John in the Willamette Valley of Oregon
    ·
  • brianwdmnbrianwdmn Posts: 359
    OMG
    Marietta, East Cobb, GA
    ·
  • EggoMaticEggoMatic Posts: 130
    Those look really good. Nice cook!
    LBGE Virginia Beach, Virginia
    ·
  • You are the king!
    Mark Annville, PA
    ·
  • That's real strong work TJ!

........................................................................................

Flint, Michigan.  Named the most dangerous city in America by the F.B.I. three years running.

We invented the U.A.W. and carjacking!

·
  • DfishelDfishel Posts: 104
    Looks amazing!!! I can't wait to cook it.
    ·
  • bigphilbigphil Posts: 1,386
    @Tjcoley i havent been around for awhile and tonight i open this up and your post is the first i see . All i can say is WOW awesome idea and looks extremely tasty .have to do this one for the kids 
    Large Big Green Egg , XL Big Green Egg . BBQ Guru, Weber Kettle, Weber Q grill for road trips.
    ·
  • TjcoleyTjcoley Posts: 3,422
    bigphil said:
    @Tjcoley i havent been around for awhile and tonight i open this up and your post is the first i see . All i can say is WOW awesome idea and looks extremely tasty .have to do this one for the kids 

Welcome back Phil. I'd noticed you haven't posted in a while. Glad you are back and hope all is ok.
  • SkiddymarkerSkiddymarker Posts: 7,038
    What a great idea, looks incredible. Must try this. Whipping syphon adult style cream would be a great topping. 
    Delta B.C. - Vee-Gan: old Indian word for poor hunter. 
    ·
  • calikingcaliking Posts: 6,947
    I love just about anything that involves pie crust so this sounds really good! 

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
    ·
  • DMWDMW Posts: 6,802
    Looks great, kids will love this, I'm sure I will as well :)
    My Facebook Place where I document my cooking
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - Hasty Bake Legacy - Black Stone Pizza Oven - Gasser - 30" Firepit w/SS Cooking Grid
    ·