Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Hop on down to your nearest EGG dealer this week to pick up some Easter EGGcessories! Here are a few that may be useful for Easter, the V-rack, electric charcoal lighter and flexible skewers! Now that Spring is in the air, it's time to think about getting out to one of the many #EGGfests around the country - see a list here

the pizza cake

The pizza cake is a pizza that looks like a cake rather than a cake that mimics a pizza… I began with a standard batch of dough cut it into 4 equal pieces, let rise. When doubled, finger flatten the first ball & lay it into the bottom of your cake pan (or in my case a Guardian Service aluminum dutch oven, I realized today I don’t actually own a cake pan). Next, top with smoked andouille sausage & mozzarella. Add the next layer of dough & top with spinach & locatelli. Add the next layer of dough & top with pepperoni & mozzarella. The final layer of dough went on & that was topped with caramelized onions & mozzarella. I covered this & popped the whole mess onto the egg @ 400 for about 45 minutes. Remove, cool, slice & serve with tomato sauce. It’s really hard to comprehend how good this tasted.

Oh, & got a new toy for my kettle, the hinged grid – great compliment to the charcoal baskets I picked up earlier this summer, great combination for indirect cooking. Broke in the new grid with the hot smoked sausage:

Now to build the cake:

A good way to spend an early fall afternoon

Comments