Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Old School Ribs

Options
No fancy rub, no sugar, no Parkay, no honey, nothing but a little bit of salt-and-pepper. Over the years I've had many a good rib cooked this way on a 55 gallon drum. I would purchase these ribs from some old guy cooking in front of his house on a back road in the south It was on one of these trips that I got my world famous soul sauce recipe and several interesting stories regarding barbecue from a real neat old man These ribs are called commodity ribs, each rack weighs about 5 1/2 pounds. They are very inexpensive. I paid a $1.84 lb for these at our business Costco The Egg is loaded with mesquite charcoal,Almond wood and Hickory chips. The Stoker temperature is set at 225° and during the last couple of hours I will pump up the temperature Now I'm starting to make 2 gallons of the soul sauce

Comments