Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Prime rib done to soon!

Options
What should i do? Done about hour and a half too soon!

Comments

• Tjcoley
    Tjcoley Posts: 3,551
    Options
    You can FTC it, but it will probably end up a little less rare than planned.  Wrap in foil, wrap in towels and stick it in a cooler.  It will stay hot for hours.
    daffy1909 Posts: 498
    Options
    I will do that,should i pull it off at 140 internal temp for med rare?
  • Tjcoley
    Tjcoley Posts: 3,551
    Options
    I'd pull it off at 125 - 130.  It will continue to rise as it sits, especially if theres a bone.
    Options
    140* is already a bit over medium rare and your going to get another 5+ degrees when you FTC it. I'd pull it closer to 120-125* if I were you.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Well, "spa-Peggy" is kind of like spaghetti. I'm not sure what Peggy does different, if anything. But it's the one dish she's kind of made her own.
    Options
    Thanks everyone! ill pull it at 125,the wife likes hers closer the med! ill let u know how it turned out!