Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

the pizza cake

The pizza cake is a pizza that looks like a cake rather than a cake that mimics a pizza… I began with a standard batch of dough cut it into 4 equal pieces, let rise. When doubled, finger flatten the first ball & lay it into the bottom of your cake pan (or in my case a Guardian Service aluminum dutch oven, I realized today I don’t actually own a cake pan). Next, top with smoked andouille sausage & mozzarella. Add the next layer of dough & top with spinach & locatelli. Add the next layer of dough & top with pepperoni & mozzarella. The final layer of dough went on & that was topped with caramelized onions & mozzarella. I covered this & popped the whole mess onto the egg @ 400 for about 45 minutes. Remove, cool, slice & serve with tomato sauce. It’s really hard to comprehend how good this tasted.

Oh, & got a new toy for my kettle, the hinged grid – great compliment to the charcoal baskets I picked up earlier this summer, great combination for indirect cooking. Broke in the new grid with the hot smoked sausage:

Now to build the cake:

A good way to spend an early fall afternoon

happy in the hut
West Chester Pennsylvania

Comments