Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Glendale, AZ competition

Hey all, if anyone is in or near the Phoenix area October 11 & 12, my school is hosting our 2nd annual Pit Crews & BBQ competition. We have teamed up with Bikers Against Child Abuse B.A.C.A., the 20/30 club, United Blood Services, Arizona Automotive Istitute, and AZ Barbeque Club.
All proceeds go to B.A.C.A., to help the kids that need support. If you are interested in competing or just coming to watch, please come on out. The gates will open at 11:00am on the 12th for the spectators. I have a like to the application below. I will have the applicaction for B.A.C.A's ride that will end at the BBQ competition.
We are looking to have about 300 to 350 bikes and cars, at the show, along with street venders and a blood donation bus. Please come out if you can and enjoy the competition and the event. The event is free to thepublic.

The link to the BBQ application is on the bottom of the first post. Please feel free to look at it and join the AZ Barbeaue club as well, it is free to join. Thank you

http://www.azbarbeque.com/forums/2nd-annual-pit-crews-bbq/2nd-annual-pit-crews-bbq-october-11th-12th-2013-info-thread/msg112681/#new

Comments

• rsmith193
    rsmith193 Posts: 219
    We are les than a week away from Pit Crews and BBQ. If you are I. The Phoenix area on Saturday the 12th, come on down. Opens to the public at 11:00am free to get in. Come support B.A.C.A. and get some samples of some of the BBQ in the southwest. Sample tickets are $2.00 for 2oz samples. There will be a beer garden, street vendors, carshow, and between 250 to 300 motorcyles.
  • Black_Badger
    Black_Badger Posts: 1,182
    Nice! I judged in Dana Point yesterday. 99 teams competing, pretty amazing. Hope it goes well.

Cheers
    B_B
    Finally back in the Badger State!

Middleton, WI
  • rsmith193
    I know the Arizona teams that went didn't do so hot at Dana Point, but some of them will be at Glendale. That being said I have to give a big shout out to A team that really didn't do very well, but is truely focused on another comp. Tracey of FORK U BBQ is going to the Jack Daniels! Love her to pieces, I learned a lot from her.
  • rsmith193
    One more day til Pit Crews and BBQ in Glendale Az. Anyone in the area, please feel free to come out and see us. 27 teams competing. $2 taste tickets. Our charity is Bikers Against Child Abuse. There will be 250 -350 bikes, 30 plus cars.

6829 N. 46th ave. Glendale AZ
  • td66snrf
    td66snrf Posts: 1,821
    Nice! I judged in Dana Point yesterday. 99 teams competing, pretty amazing. Hope it goes well.

Cheers
    B_B
    What did they have going in Dana Point?
    XLBGE, LBGE, MBGE, SMALL, MINI, 2 Kubs, Fire Magic Gasser
  • rsmith193
    Pork is on brisket in 30 min. Ribs on at 7 and chicken 10. Solid 26 teams here in Glendale.
  • coooltroy
    coooltroy Posts: 207
    edited October 2015
    @td66snrf Dana Point BBQ state championship.  My buddy's team Get Some BBQ Assassins took second in Brisket out of 77 teams, said it was the best comp ever, Im definitely helping the team next year even though it is a 7 hour drive.
  • blasting
    blasting Posts: 6,262

coooltroy, you 're messing with me!  I was entering this on my calendar when I realized you resurrected a 2 year old thread!

Phoenix