Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Saturday night pizza!!!

radamo
radamo Posts: 373
edited October 2013 in EggHead Forum
Tried a new setup for pizza last night.  Put my platesetter in with the legs up and then arranged 3 firebricks around the perimeter on their sides.  Put the pizza stone on top to project it a bit higher into the dome.  Wound up about 2 inches above the gasket.  Got the egg going to about 650 and let her warm the stone for 45 minutes. The pizzas were done in about 10 minutes and came out really nicely cooked.  Also used a different dough for this cook.  Have been getting my dough from a local pizza joint.  Their dough is delicious but a little to large for my 14" stone.  This time I picked up frozen dough at a local supermarket.  They come two to a pack.  Dough was the perfect size for the stone and worked out VERY well.  Real easy to work with.   Here was the result:
Long Island, NY

Comments